Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question about twisted metal:black?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about twisted metal:black?

Is there any strategy to this game or do you just drive around shooting at other cars? Is it best to stick on one car at a time? It is so fast, that would seem hard to do? I've just started playing so it just may take me awhile to get the hang of it.
Old 11-19-02, 08:08 AM

There is a great dal of strategy in this fantastic game. It moves very fast, so a beginner may have trouble at first. Learn to use all powerups and environmental weapons. It is usually best to focus on one enemy at a time and wear him/her down. Roadkill is a good beginner car. Good luck.
Old 11-19-02, 10:39 AM

How do you use the environmental weapons?
Old 11-19-02, 03:36 PM

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/f...al_black_e.txt
Old 11-19-02, 03:56 PM

Thanks, that was very helpful!
Old 11-19-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1) Make sure you know where the powerups are, especially health.

2) Concentrate on one or two vehicles at a time. Try to make sure said vehicle is somewhat secluded from the other vehicles.

3) Be patient about combat. Don't rush the first car you see, and don't assume that every car you encounter you must fight. Pick your battles carefully so that you have the advantage. Gather powerups, and look for cars that are already battered, trapped, or otherwise disadvantaged.

4) Start with the cars you find easiest. I find it easiest to hit the weak cars and unmanuverable cars first. I find it hard to hit the motorcycle and some of the well balenced cars, so I save them for last. It's easier to kill one hard to kill car when it's all you have to worry about.

5) When you attack the big cars, like the semi, drive right into the side of it (no mounted weapons fire sideways) and just unload everything you've got. Make sure to use the machine guns and missles and environmental weapons simultaneously if you can. If you keep on the gas and have a manuverable car, it may be impossible for your target to get away.

6) Keep moving, and don't be afraid to flee if you're not doing well.

7) Grab any pickups you see, even if you don't need them -- it keeps others from using them too.

8) Don't use big weapons or the repair stations unless you have to. No sense wasting a power missle on an almost dead enemy, and your enemies can't use the repair station, so you might as well save that for when you really need it.

9) Don't forget that enemies fight other enemies. Sometimes, it's better to just find a good place to hide for a while, like the tunnels under the junkyard.