Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Software,etc tried to presale me Halo 2?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I was looking for Splinter Cell and maybe the new Bond and the guy tried and presale me on Halo 2 which has no offical release date. What was this guy thinking? Also, the two games I was looking for are released tomorrow. He then told me if I preorded I was guaranteed the games, and that I shold since they are only receiving two extra games. BS!

So, my question is: Is there a Halo 2 Date yet?
and: Was he just tring to make a sale? I have never had problems finding games on or around release date.
Old 11-19-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no set date for Halo 2 other than Fall to Winter 2003.
Old 11-19-02, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As per Halo 2, he was going for sales. That is the first time I have heard of an employee push it like that, although I have had other games pushed way too early on me.

As for the other reservations, they are most definately needed in some areas. With our local Software, Etc., the first two shipments of Vice City went to reservations, the third shipment had half of its go to them, and had some extras to finally go on the shelf.

I am unsure how Metroid Prime will be, but if they are being (I'd hope they are), they do know by now how many copies they are getting vs. pre-orders. Also, for some stores, the pre-orders help determine how many they will get in, as it shows how much interest there is.

This could all be different at your store however, and the employee may just be trying to make as many sales and extras as possible.
Old 11-19-02, 02:01 AM

I could see him trying to boost sales, but the night before release. If he could get me a copy tonight, why not tomorrow?