Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GameCrazy Coupons

Old 11-17-02, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GameCrazy Coupons

Gamecrazies should have 2$ trade in bonus coupons and 20% off one used game coupons on an orange sheet, look in hollywood videos or ask an employee, if you have an MVP card (10% more trade in and 10% off usedgames) you can get 30% off a used game instead of only 20. Thanks!
Old 11-17-02, 08:40 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Hey, I am an Assistant Manager at a Game Crazy in SoCal.. Let me clarify a few things for you...

Yes there is a $2 trade-in bonus, and a 20% off coupon floating around. Most stores only have them for 2-3 days of opening, then they throw them away. We loose WAY to much money if everyone is doing the 20% off thing. And you can NOT combine MVP and 20% off coupon. You either get 10% off, or 20%, not both. Hope this clarifys some thins for you and everyone else.
Old 11-17-02, 08:41 PM
Suspended

Also...which store do you goto? Curious if its mine, or a few friends of mine...

Waiting for Zero to pop-in here too....
Old 11-17-02, 10:19 PM

Interesting, I work for a store in Phoenix, we've had the coupons since opening (3 months) and so have all the other stores in our area, in fact this weekend we had a "tent sale" which wasn't really a sale but rather all of our used games with the coupon price, the coupons expire at the end of this month so we're trying to boost pre-christmas sales. As far as the 30% is concerned our MVP signs advertise that you can combine the mvp with other offers for up to 30% off~ maybe it's a regional thing, but I'd assume making the mvp look really cool by saving customers a lot of money would be a good selling point...
Old 11-17-02, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So the $2 trade in bonus, is it a coupon or is it a special promotion this month? I am curious because I planned on going to Game Crazy tomorrow to trade in my GameCube and some games.
Old 11-18-02, 12:55 AM

its crap, its only 2 dollars bonus, it's not $2 per item/game, just plain ol 2 bucks.
Old 11-18-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well that stinks. BTW, are you guys supposed to ask every customer who trades and/or buys something, if they want an MVP card? Because lately I have been asked every time I have gone in.
Old 11-18-02, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by WWE Jedi
Well that stinks. BTW, are you guys supposed to ask every customer who trades and/or buys something, if they want an MVP card? Because lately I have been asked every time I have gone in.
Yes we have to ask for it everytime. The more a store sells MVPs the better that store looks. Just like in GameStop when they ask you if you want a subscription.

Yes there is a $2 trade-in bonus, and a 20% off coupon floating around. Most stores only have them for 2-3 days of opening, then they throw them away. We loose WAY to much money if everyone is doing the 20% off thing. And you can NOT combine MVP and 20% off coupon. You either get 10% off, or 20%, not both. Hope this clarifys some thins for you and everyone else.
I think it is possible to get both. One of our posters says "Combine with other offers to get upwards to 30% off!" But its possible that the system changed seeing as how I cant enter inventory adjustments. Hell we even recieve things differently now.

Last edited by zero; 11-18-02 at 03:23 AM.
Old 11-18-02, 10:43 AM
Suspended

Zero, yeah, things have changed the past few weeks...