Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

X-Box Gameshark

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-02, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Box Gameshark

Does anybody know when the X-Box Gameshark is supposed to come out? Right now I can't afford a region-free player and I've been hoping that the GS would turn the X-Box region-free like it did with the PS2.
Old 11-05-02, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Interact is supposedly bankrupt and they have stopped making the Gameshark.

Pro Action Replay is taking over and from what I've heard they will use the game shark name in the US and distribute the Pro Action Replay here.

I'm not sure if all this is the reason, but some say the GameCube Gameshark has been pushed all the way back to December and as far as I know the Xbox version hasn't even been announced as coming any time soon. Looks like sometime in 2003 at the earliest.
Old 11-05-02, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's coming soon for the UK so maybe the US won't be too far behind.

http://www.codejunkies.com/shop/prod...9&CountryID=GB
Old 11-08-02, 07:13 PM

Do you think that'll allow me to play R2 DVDs?
Old 11-08-02, 08:23 PM

The UK version? The UK version won't work on a NTSC machine. They are region coded just like games.
Old 11-08-02, 08:54 PM

I'm talking about the U.S. version. Does the UK version let you play non-R2 DVDs?
Old 11-08-02, 09:53 PM

I seriously doubt it.
Old 11-08-02, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mljones99
I seriously doubt it.
Why not? The PS2 Gameshark can turn the PS2 region free (although only NTSC). Don't know why the XBox one wouldn't be the same.
Old 11-25-02, 04:07 PM

So is it out yet?
Old 11-25-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Prancetron2000
So is it out yet?
It hasn't even had a date announced. The GameCube Pro Action Replay is suppose to come out in January 2003 the Xbox one will probably be a few months or more after that. Don't expect the Xbox one to be out anytime soon.
Old 11-25-02, 04:23 PM

For the sake of XBox Live, I hope a Gameshark type device never gets released on the XBox.

I used to play Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, and people with Gamesharks ruined that game. I quit playing for a few months because of them, and when I finally decided to give it a shot again, some dill-hole joined the game and "NOL'd" everyone.

I lost my level 94 character, and all I had accumulated. The guy turned us all into a level 34 or so character named NOL. I was pissed.

I hope MS buys up any company planning on releasing a GS type device, then scraps their plans.

DW
Old 11-25-02, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DreamWeaver88
For the sake of XBox Live, I hope a Gameshark type device never gets released on the XBox.

I used to play Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, and people with Gamesharks ruined that game. I quit playing for a few months because of them, and when I finally decided to give it a shot again, some dill-hole joined the game and "NOL'd" everyone.

I lost my level 94 character, and all I had accumulated. The guy turned us all into a level 34 or so character named NOL. I was pissed.

I hope MS buys up any company planning on releasing a GS type device, then scraps their plans.

DW
I agree 100%

Take yer gameshar and shove it
Old 11-26-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone run into problems with the Gameshark on the PS2 when online gaming. I know it was a big problem with people cheating on the Dreamcast. I was wondering if its been an issue on the PS2.
Old 11-26-02, 08:33 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by darkside
Has anyone run into problems with the Gameshark on the PS2 when online gaming. I know it was a big problem with people cheating on the Dreamcast. I was wondering if its been an issue on the PS2.
I think I read somewhere that there was some cheating in SOCOM. People where altering their health with gameshark and the cheater could not be killed. - Something to that effect. I'm not sure if this was rumor or truth.
Old 11-26-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DreamWeaver88

DW
I agree 10000000000%

PSO was such a wonderful game, and it was ruined by little children. Microsoft knows that online gaming is going to be thier system's massive strength, so I hope they do whatever they can with thier millions of $ and keep it away.
Old 11-26-02, 08:52 PM

I don't want a gameshark for cheating with games. I want it so that I could play Region 2 PAL discs on my X-Box.