Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DOH! moments in gaming history...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Animal Crossing moment recently also; I was selling things to Nook one by one and then a few days ago reailzed I could lump them all together and make one sale...DOH!

FS
Old 11-01-02, 11:33 AM
Suspended

I spent 2 months trying to beat Super Mario Bros before I realized there was a jump button...D'OH!
Old 11-01-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I spent 2 months trying to beat Super Mario Bros before I realized there was a jump button...D'OH!
that first series of pipes must have been rough!
Old 11-01-02, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's been several years now, but there was one part in Myst where you had to get the hands of the clock to a certain time using a series of levers (i.e., the left lever would make it go forwards 20 min., the middle lever would make it go back, etc.). I spent forever trying to figure out a mathematical combination to get what we needed, and couldn't make it work. As my frustration level got as high as it could go, my neighbor says, "Hey, if you hold the lever down it keeps moving!"
Old 11-01-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A D'OH moment. When I bought Star Wars: The Phanton Menace for PS1 out of the box without playing it first. $44.99 down the tube.

I managed to trade it in for credit but man did I feel like a shmoe.

Old 11-02-02, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was playing Vice City recently, and was on a mission where I was supposed to snipe people. I was given a sniper rifle, but the image of it kinda looks like a shotgun, so I figured it was a shotgun. It was a timed mission, and you had to take out like 6 people. If they spotted you, they got in their car and a chase ensued. I tried the mission like 3 times just trying to knock these guys off the road, and got pretty good at it. I finally got past the third guy, and went up to kill another guy that was on a boat. I tried aiming at him with my Uzi, but it was out of range. I then switched to the "shotgun" and tried aiming, then went into snipe mode... doh
Old 11-21-02, 11:01 AM
Banned

Reviving this thread...

Realizing the X-Box Live registration number was UNDER that hologram and you had to scratch it off...after I tried the other 2 numbers....DOH!

FS
Old 11-21-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
I didn't know you could zoom the rocket launcher in HALO.

Thanks for the tip! I still didn't know that
Old 11-21-02, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I trade Metal Slug 1 (Neo Geo Home cart), USA, for a neo geo cd system + a few games...

MS1 USA can be sold for over $2500 these days! Talk about a doh!
Old 11-21-02, 01:10 PM

Most recently I had a problem with Ghost Recon. No one could hear me talk no matter what I did. Of course I'm not one for reading the book unless I'm really screwed up so I hadn't read it. Anyway, after quite a long time I heard someone say, "Kainan, you do know to press the white button to talk right?"
Of course I was like, "Uh.. of course.... just having problems with my headset....." DOH!!!!
Old 11-22-02, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, I just lost my career file for Tony Hawk 4. I created a skater, and then the game warned me about needing to save that skater, and I guess I copied the skater file over the career file.
Old 11-22-02, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I just found out that when I use the "fancy wind up hard hit" in CIRCUS MAXIMUS the best way to do it is to steer my chariot out of range of other chariots while the character is winding up...then right when the character is about to realease the hit I go back in range and the hit is successful 99% of the time.

Before I learned that move my character would get knocked out while winding up. Not anymore....
Old 11-22-02, 12:42 PM

Walked through (literally) 90% of Golden Sun before I realized there was a run button.
Old 11-22-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hanson
Walked through (literally) 90% of Golden Sun before I realized there was a run button.
lol