Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Kingdom hearts THE MOVIE

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-02, 01:06 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingdom hearts THE MOVIE

Is it true that Disney is making kingdom hearts movie? Wow, can't wait to see this movie...... Final Fantasy character and all Disney cast together.(I don't mind the story unchange from the game) Just bring it on.
Old 10-25-02, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you hear this?
Old 10-25-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yeah, were did you hear this? and considering the ending really wasn't an ending..
Old 10-25-02, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
yeah, were did you hear this? and considering the ending really wasn't an ending..
I believe they did this on purpose so they could continue the story in the sequel. But yeah... where did you hear this news? It would be an interesting animated movie to watch.
Old 10-25-02, 10:20 PM

I wonder if they would port this sucker over?
Old 10-25-02, 11:14 PM
Cool New Member

I hope so...

I heard from a friend of mine from D......Er...she will kill me if i tell. Or overall she just want to make me happy. Let's hope that she not kidding me...or i'll.....

About the game: why don't disney put all the Theme Song in every world...you know song like Aladdin's A WHOLE NEW WORLD and the rest. It would be perfect if the song are in every world when you complete or seal the key hole.
What do you think?
Old 10-25-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm guessing they didn't put every disney song in it because the license fees for each song combined would cost square a small fortune. actually i'm not really sure on that since disney interactive is on the label too, but even the game music is very nice.

I havne't heard of any movie, i did hear awhile back they were making an anime tv series of kingdom hearts in japan only. Don't know if anything ever happened since then though.
Old 10-25-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A movie would be cool, i absolutely loved the game! But in the meanwhile bring on the sequel!
Old 10-26-02, 11:59 AM
Cool New Member

Some thing like that........

Guess what i saw today at a home movie rental store.....? I saw a Diseny cartoon called "Mickey's house of villains" it's a 68min cartoon with all the classic bad guys in it.....and ofcourse without all final fantasy character. sad huh?...........Ah....!!!!!
I want the real Kingdom hearts movie!!!! Please? ^_^
Old 10-26-02, 12:09 PM
Banned

Re: I hope so...

Originally posted by Dayneson
I heard from a friend of mine from D......Er...she will kill me if i tell. Or overall she just want to make me happy. Let's hope that she not kidding me...or i'll.....

I'm sure there are other ways she could make you happy.
Old 10-26-02, 10:17 PM

Yeah it's weird how Mickey's House Of Villans is similar to Kingdom Hearts. Same bosses, same good guys (Mickey is in place of Sora in the party with Donald and Goofy) and theres even a Kingdom Hearts trailer before the movie. Oh and I only know this because KB Toys (where I work) has been playing it for the last 3 weeks.
Old 10-26-02, 10:29 PM

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no movie in the works, only a television series.
Old 10-26-02, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Link_182
Yeah it's weird how Mickey's House Of Villans is similar to Kingdom Hearts. Same bosses, same good guys (Mickey is in place of Sora in the party with Donald and Goofy) and theres even a Kingdom Hearts trailer before the movie. Oh and I only know this because KB Toys (where I work) has been playing it for the last 3 weeks.
This is the first time I heard of this movie. Is it any good?
Old 10-28-02, 11:27 PM
Cool New Member

Kingdom Hearts 2

I've completed Kingdom Hearts now and i saw the bonus movie of Kngdom Hearts 2........Yahoo, at lease something for me to look forward to. Oh wait till you see the grow up version of Kairi and riku. they're so so cool man.
(Disney....I still want Kingdom Hearts Movie.) Thanks.
Old 10-29-02, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by khieng
This is the first time I heard of this movie. Is it any good?
It's amusing for what it is I guess. It's basically a series of old Disney cartoon clips with new animation in between them. The clips in between carry along the story which is that the Villans are taking over the House Of Mouse. The old clips are from various Donald, Mickey and Goofy cartoons (like the one where they are Ghostbusters). I wouldn't reccomend buying it though. There are better ways to get the old clips (Walt Disney Treasures Series) and the new stuff is not worth the money. But if your bored and are offered the chance it's kinda interesting to see the parallels to KH and the old clips are always fun.
Old 10-29-02, 07:45 AM

Damn it , I'm thinking of getting a PS2 because of this game. it couldn't be bad? It had to be amazing! Ugh.
Old 01-10-05, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mee2
Sorry to disappoint, but there is no movie in the works, only a television series.

I want 2 no where u heard this, because i heard that there is going 2 be 3 movies. 1)kingdom hearts
2)chain of memories
3)kingdom hearts2
Old 01-10-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What does "I want 2 no" mean?
Old 01-10-05, 12:00 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
What does "I want 2 no" mean?
Shorthand teen internet lingo for "I want to know"

That would be my guess.

A movie based on the game could be really nice, if it was done right.

So far Square doesn't have a good record with movies, ie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. *shudder*
Old 01-10-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Damn. A close to THREE YEAR OLD thread and STILL no question mark on this BEEEEEEEYOTCH...??!?!

And [b]Dayneson[b]'s STILL a "Cool New Member"..
Old 01-11-05, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by XkillA
I want 2 no where u heard this, because i heard that there is going 2 be 3 movies. 1)kingdom hearts
2)chain of memories
3)kingdom hearts2
Well killa sorry to burst your bubble, but there are no movies planned. and to further answer your question I'll break it down

1) Kingdom Hearts = A game on PS2
2) Chain of Memories = An inbetween game for Gameboy Advance taking place directly after Kingdom Hearts
3) Kingdom Hearts 2 = The sequel to Kingdom Hearts.

If what everyone keeps posting is true about a TV series the game's director said he has no control of that, and really doesnt like the idea. This was in an interview in a copy of EGM though I dont remember the issue.
Old 01-11-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although the game is developed by Square Enix, all the original characters created for the games are owned by Disney. Disney can do whatever they want with them. If they wanted to do some half assed direct to video movie (which sounds up their alley) they can. But I also heard it was planned to be a TV series. So if any movie or TV series is being made, most likely it is being done by Disney not Square.