Hitman 2 Review?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-02, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a really badass game
Old 10-26-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I'm having a lot of fun, but it's tough for me to do anything other than pop every guy I come across -- especially the ninjas -- there's too many great targets ;p

The first time I played -- about 2 weeks ago, I managed to figure out how to sneak -- the right amount of pressure on the trigger -- but tonight I just couldn't get it down at all. It was really easy back then, and now I'm back at square one. Any suggestions on a regular motion or anything?

I also seem to end up with Slayer and Mass Murderer a lot -- guess that shows how I play ;p love that silencer.

Tuan Jim
Old 10-26-02, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is such an awesome game, go get it now!
I had way too much fun in the Japanese castle with the ninjas. My friend and I burst out laughing when it flashed on screen "WARNING Guards have found a dead ninja". After that, I popped one in the head, put on his stuff and ran around with his sword chopping everyone up.
OMG the game rocks.
Old 10-26-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Coupla questions about Tubeway Torpedo -- level 4. I've been through it several times now -- is there any way to get out without blowing a hole in the wall? It attracts all the guards, and I end up having to kill them all. Also, why does the prisoner tell you he stole a keycard? What's the point?

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 10-26-02, 05:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Coupla questions about Tubeway Torpedo -- level 4. I've been through it several times now -- is there any way to get out without blowing a hole in the wall? It attracts all the guards, and I end up having to kill them all. Also, why does the prisoner tell you he stole a keycard? What's the point?

thanks,
Tuan Jim
No, you have to blow the hole in the wall. However, if you and the prisoner just walk briskly to the exit and you're wearing the general's uniform, the guards shouldn't attack you. Or maybe if you stand right outside of the door leading to the hole in the wall, blow it, open the door and run through all the way to the door, you might be okay. And I think the prisoner's keycard opens some sort of door that needs opening.
Old 10-26-02, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
No, you have to blow the hole in the wall. However, if you and the prisoner just walk briskly to the exit and you're wearing the general's uniform, the guards shouldn't attack you. Or maybe if you stand right outside of the door leading to the hole in the wall, blow it, open the door and run through all the way to the door, you might be okay. And I think the prisoner's keycard opens some sort of door that needs opening.
Considering that you go out the same way you came in -- only less so since you go out through the wall, the keycard seems completely unnecessary.

Also, do you mean the officer's uniform? Because I don't think you can take the general's outfit. Also, if I pop the general with the silenced gun, there's a clip where the guards below phone the guards above and they're more wary when you get out --- they see through the disguise it seems. Oh well, I'll try for Silent Assassin ratings the next time through.

Tuan Jim
Old 10-26-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i like this game alot. however, i think the stealth action is lacking. i think MGS2 did it a lot better... hiding bodies, alerting a guard but able to shoot his radio not letting him alert others, using objects for distract, plus being able to creat diversion noise was helpful.

i don't know if it's my button but i find it extremely hard to get into stealth mode. very annoying.

i just finished the 4th or 5th mission the one with the party. i want to replay it sometime and kill everyone with the combat knife.

for the highest rating, you can't even alert anyone? if your detection meter turns red for anything, that is a detection?
i don't like how the guards are always suspicious of you when acting normal in disguise. but it does add some cool tension in not knowing if they are suspicious or if they really are on to you.

the freedom of finishing a mission is awesome. for the meeting in the park, i couldn't hit crap with the sniper rifle. finally i changed how to go about, jacked a guard took his uniform ditched the rifle and casually walked into the park right up to the two targets and popped them both in the head with the silenced pistol. turned around and walked back to the boat. nice.
Old 10-26-02, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally remembered how to sneak again. tap the left trigger once to go into sneak mode and tap it again to resume normal walking -- I was trying to hold it down partially and that was the wrong move.

It only counts as an alert if someone yells at you and the message shows up on your screen. As long as nothing appears on the screen you're fine even if the red bar is swinging like mad. I managed to make it all the way down in Tubeway torpedo without alerting anyone -- popped all the cameras till I got to the server room, but things got messy on the way out. Better than the first time I played -- killed virtually every guard on the map.

there's a faq at gamefaqs that shows how to get Stealthy Assassin in virtually every level. Haven't gotten one yet, but we'll soon see.

Tuan Jim
Old 10-26-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the info about alerts.

the manual says to tap L1 to go into stealth mode, hold it to crouch. i tap it repeatedly and it makes no diference. the screen jumps down a bit as if going into the crouch. i have been able to get into but it takes so many tries that it is a real turn off, it's gotta be the button, i guess i'll double check with my brothers ps2.
Old 10-27-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not the button - I had one hell of a time trying to get into Stealth like 75% of the time that I tried. Basically what I had to do every single time is start walking, THEN hit the button. NOT a quick tap, but not a hold - if you know what I mean. PITA, but I got used to doing it eventually.....
Old 10-27-02, 01:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Considering that you go out the same way you came in -- only less so since you go out through the wall, the keycard seems completely unnecessary.

Also, do you mean the officer's uniform? Because I don't think you can take the general's outfit. Also, if I pop the general with the silenced gun, there's a clip where the guards below phone the guards above and they're more wary when you get out --- they see through the disguise it seems. Oh well, I'll try for Silent Assassin ratings the next time through.

Tuan Jim
Yeah, I meant the officer's uniform... you're right. And I forget about the keycard... just guessing.

I fired one shot on that level (into the server to kill the cameras) and got SA. I killed the general by
Spoiler:
dropping the pager outside of the interrogation room, using the phone to call the page, and fiber-wiring the general after he opens the door, looks at the pager, and turns back into the room

For people looking for Silent Assassin walkthroughs, I recommend www.hitmanforum.com. The actual forum is full of morons and mods that let them run wild, but I'm pretty sure the walkthroughs are solid. Especially the one for The Death of Hannelore. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the one that wrote it up.
Old 11-11-02, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man this game is too damn addicting. First I was kinda trying to do everything at once first time through, but now I'm just trying to work through and beat it, then I can take my time, get all the weapons and SA on each level. A lot of other games to play too, so I just need to finish initially before anything else.

I have managed to get one SA so far -- Graveyard Shift. The only problem is, because there's no assassination target, I didn't get the Silenced Ballers -- at least I assume that's the reason they wouldn't give them to me.

Pretty tricky. I'm impressed with anyone who plays all the way through a level without saving. Too easy to make a single mistake right now, and then, bam, you're SOL and need to restart unless you want to walk out with a bloodbath on your hands.

Just took about 5 or 6 tries trying to
Spoiler:
assassinate the cult leader. First tried turning out the lights, then this, than that. Finally had to go up the shafts, pop the cult guys from above, then walk back out and scalpel the leader on the table, and walk out. I don't know any other way to take out the leader. When I turned out the lights, they moved him or something weird.

Anyway, this game just gets better and better with a good amount of replay value too.

Tuan Jim
Old 11-11-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Holy crap, there's Silenced Ballers? The Ballers are by far the coolest weapons I've used so far. Hopefully I'll have the money to buy this game now.......
Old 11-11-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by KingSmoth
Holy crap, there's Silenced Ballers? The Ballers are by far the coolest weapons I've used so far. Hopefully I'll have the money to buy this game now.......
First Silent Assassin you get -- Silenced Ballers
Second SA -- Sawn Off Shotgun
Fourth SA -- M4 Carbine

at least that's what the FAQs say. My experience so far says no, but I think it's depedent on the level.

After I beat it this first time, I think I'll go back to the individual levels to pick up the weapons I need for my collection, and then after that, work on SA for each level.

Tuan Jim