Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

I just played Soul Calibur 2...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-02, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Well I'm not buying from that dude - there is no description and it's listed as "good" - people lie about the quality enough as it is so I never buy anything that's not "Like New" and even then some people have a pretty strange idea about what "like new" actually means.
Old 10-04-02, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Trigger
I dunno - the drug cartel that supplied the guy who shot the little girl or whatever?
LOL So if you buy games off the internet, you support terrorism.
Old 10-04-02, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
LOL So if you buy games off the internet, you support terrorism.
No but I guess if you get programs like photoshop through warez its not supporting terorism either.
Old 10-05-02, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jack and Zero: The rivalry continues.

Jack and I just got back from an arcade in the West Covina where we continued our ongoing rivalry in Soul Calibur 2. He kept asking if I was ready and let me say I wasnt at first. He owned me for about 5 matches, after I got my rythym back it was pretty even. Then wouldnt you know it? I got challenged. It's been a while for me and I wasnt too sure I'd be able to beat this guy, afterall he was an employee and seemed pretty sure of himself. I mean nothing spells confidance like opening up the cabinet and giving your self 2 dollars in credits . I stuck with Kilik and man was he sorry. Then came the complaints...

"His reach is too great.."

"This joy stick is off a little.."

Funny thing is Jack was able to beat me just fine, and he seemed to have no joystick issues. So I placed 2nd in the win records, and with one employee in fear of my Kilik skillz. Jack also owned himself a few guys. Namely one who tried to snipe him by acting dumb..

"So this button blocks right?"

Jack owned him and good, but he kept coming back. The game itself is a masterpiece. The characters flow so smoothly you'd swear this game isnt a sequel. I think the game is going to rock on any system you plan on getting it for, but seeing as how I'm now too eager to wait, Im going to import this as soon as its made available. .
Old 10-05-02, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Jack and Zero: The rivalry continues.

Originally posted by zero
Namely one who tried to snipe him by acting dumb..
HEY! Thats my move!
Old 10-05-02, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't really think there is that much improvement between the DC version of SC and the arcade version of SC2... Am I missing something here? That said, SC in my opinion is my favorite fighting game of all time. The only currently available game which beats it in terms of looks would have to be DOA3 (DOA2 was about equal). Hopefully they enchance the graphics of SC2 for the console version like they did with the previous one.
Old 10-05-02, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by no_creativity
I don't really think there is that much improvement between the DC version of SC and the arcade version of SC2... Am I missing something here? That said, SC in my opinion is my favorite fighting game of all time. The only currently available game which beats it in terms of looks would have to be DOA3 (DOA2 was about equal). Hopefully they enchance the graphics of SC2 for the console version like they did with the previous one.
I think you are missing something, but playing this game I can say its WAY above the DC version, and will look stunning on any of the 3 consoles on the market today. This games speed is above that of SC DC.

oh and Jolt was it you that Jack beat? j/k
Old 10-05-02, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by zero
oh and Jolt was it you that Jack beat? j/k
Only if you guys flew all the way to the right coast to play.

If we get it online well see.
Old 10-06-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by joltaddict
Only if you guys flew all the way to the right coast to play.

If we get it online well see.
I hope Calibur 2 gets online play, I'd love to play you.
Old 10-06-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm still looking for screen shots!
Old 10-07-02, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally played this weekend. Didn't have much time, only spent a buck on it, but I was impressed by the graphics and the faster gameplay. Played with 3 characters before I had to go. Quick notes:

Astaroth - my Main Man. Mr Ring Out to you I had 2 perfect rounds & one ring out playing him. I don't know if they made him faster or is the game that much faster than before. I'd have to play more to find out.

Taki - My B!tch. Still fast. I couldn't get a rhythm with her I managed to win my best of 5 match going all 5 rounds to win.

Cervantes - They've slowed him down big time. I got my @$$ handed to me

Didn't play with none of the new people. I'll have to buy a console next year