Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamecube Deal at EB

Old 09-26-02, 10:05 AM

Gamecube Deal at EB

So I go to pricematch Robotech last night at EBX and notice that they have a Gamecube promo running:

Buy a Gamecube, a game, and a 251 Memory Card and receive a $50 rebate in the mail. The manager said that she belives this promo is running to the end of the month.

Can it be any game, even a reduced in price one? I'm not sure but if so then this is a great deal. And even if you go all out and buy a full priced game you still save about ten to twenty bucks over the Mario Sunshine bundle.

Last edited by remjim; 09-26-02 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-26-02, 11:05 AM

The game has to be 39.99 or above, and the deal runs to somewhere near the end of october ~ the 50 dollars is a rebate however and we all know how long/risky it is to get into these rebate offers.
Old 09-26-02, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by MrSneis
The game has to be 39.99 or above, and the deal runs to somewhere near the end of october ~ the 50 dollars is a rebate however and we all know how long/risky it is to get into these rebate offers.
I understand that it does usually take awhile to receive a rebate check but how is it risky? Just curious because I've never had any real problems with rebates and am considering participating in this deal.

BTW- Thanks for the info on how much the game has to cost.
Old 09-26-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is this rebate available with on-line purchases too?
Old 09-26-02, 03:41 PM

It doesn't seem like it. I checked earlier and couldn't find anything about it on their web site. EB and other companies usually do things like that. Last week they had an on-line only deal where Kingdom Hearts was $40 for a day.
Old 09-26-02, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had 3 cases of never getting the rebates. Not with EB just other random companies.
Old 09-26-02, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have been burned twice by EB. Both times for $10 GC. I wouldn't risk it with a $50 one.
Old 09-26-02, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have always gotten EB rebates. I've even gotten the $5 Gift Certificate they promised when I filled out the survey in their catalog mailer.
Old 09-26-02, 06:59 PM

Can you use your giftcard to participate on this, I still have 200+ on my ebCard,(dvd trading bonanza) and if I use that to get a gc and mario sunshine, it'll be cool.
Old 09-26-02, 10:36 PM

yeah you can never trust rebates, i've never received about 100$ in rebates off stuff ive bought this past year
Old 09-26-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As long as you send in exactly what you're supposed to and keep copies of everything you shouldn't have any problems with rebates. I've sent in tons of rebates over the past few years and I've never had a problem with any of them.
Old 09-27-02, 04:28 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

I was just at EB and the sign said the game only has to be priced $29.99 or higher
Old 10-01-02, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ok - i was just filling out my slip for the rebate and noticed the fine print.

for those of you who care:

this is for a $50 gift voucher at eb ... NOT a CASH rebate.
system, mem. card and game (29.99+) must be pruchased before 10/27/02.

it's ok for me since cash in a voucher at eb is pretty much cash -
but just wanted to clarify for those who might've thought different.
Old 10-01-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i always get my EB rebates in LESS than a week after mailing them off, they are extremely quick
Old 10-02-02, 08:32 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Here's the url...

For those interested, the direct link to the rebate is here...Combine that with free two day shipping and it's a darn sweet deal.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebat...6-GameCube.asp
Old 11-06-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rebate Update

Has anyone received their rebate/voucher from EB Games for getting in on this Gamecube deal?
Old 11-06-02, 01:18 PM

Yes, I already got the rebate a few days ago, and I really waited until the LAST second to jump on this deal.

Platinum GC(free shipping) + 251 card + Timesplitters 2 (no tax on all)

As you know the Plat GC didn't even come out until AFTER the rebate was over, but they still let me use it. Shockingly quick turnaround too. I would say to anyone hesitant not to worry about EB's reliability, but this was just my experience.

PS: Now I just don't know what to spend my $50 on! lmao The only sure bet is Zelda, but that's too far off. I'm also waiting to see if anyone offers freebies for it. Metroid too, but I already pre-ordered that at BestBuy (awesome Metroid Prime game case freebie). In the e-mail with the rebate, I didn't see an expiration date!!! SWEET!

-C

Last edited by chucks888; 11-06-02 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-06-02, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called EB, the rebate is still on through the end of November, and get this- if you buy a Gamcube, in addition to the rebate, you have the option of getting Metroid Prime for 29.99.

Since I was getting metroid anyway, I'm going to trade in by jet cube for a platinum, pay $10 after rebate, and get Metroid Prime for 30 bucks to boot. I'm a little worried about the rebate, but I've gotten two from them ($10 on PC games) with no problems in the past (except a longish wait).
Old 11-06-02, 06:58 PM

Saw this same offer at my local Gamestop

If I didn't already have a gamecube I would have done this
Old 11-08-02, 04:45 PM

I've seen quite a few posts on various forums from people who received thier rebates. I sent mine off about two weeks ago. Normally I would think nothing of it for a couple of more weeks, but it seems that a lot of people have sent their rebates in more recently than me and have already received them. I noticed that the link on the website says that an e-mail address is required to receive the rebate, but I don't think the form the store gave me asked for an e-mail address. Are you guys getting these through the mail, or through e-mail?
Old 11-09-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got both my PC rebates ($10 each) through the mail. These were for games I purchased at the store, and I mailed in the rebate with the receipt.

They were white vouchers with red writing, and had the amount ($10) in big writing at the top. Best part was that when I used them, the EB guy told me it was ok to use them together on one game, and they take the discount BEFORE tax. So I got a game which usually costs me over $54 with tax for about $32.