Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official DVD Talk SOCOM Clan: SPEC OTTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-02, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cartman
Sorry about my sporatic playing last night, but I kept getting kicked for some reason. It was pretty funny listening to the "terrorists" talk when I would join and be put on their team. Let's just say they didn't think too much of clan DVD .
Yeah, one guy in particular, Milk Man, when I played with some terrorists didn't like our clan. He kept saying how we sucked, but then he camped all game, every game and only had 2 kills after it was all over.

I know they didn't think to much of it, but when the chance to switch teams came, they all jumped on board as soon as they could.
Old 10-06-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was with cartman on the terrorists team when they were talking crap. The next round I simply started tossing grenades at the terrorists even though I was one of them.
Old 10-06-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by s}{ammer
I was with cartman on the terrorists team when they were talking crap. The next round I simply started tossing grenades at the terrorists even though I was one of them.
How come we don't talk to each other? I'm not really sure it would help me, though, as I apparently suck. After 2 hours last night I finally gave up because I had gotten like 4 kills tota. Oh well....
Old 10-06-02, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Alvis
How come we don't talk to each other? I'm not really sure it would help me, though, as I apparently suck. After 2 hours last night I finally gave up because I had gotten like 4 kills tota. Oh well....
On some levels "we" are chatty (mainly the "get the bomb" levels), and others, not so much. I don't say too much unless I am close to completing an objective, though I'm sure a little chatter would help the teamwork out.
Old 10-06-02, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, we really need to work on team work. It got better the longer we played last night though. By the time we got to rats nest we were kicking some arse. I know my biggest flaw is that I do not know all the maps, so when we get to a map like rats nest I know it better so I am a little better playing there. That one bitter jungle I think it's called, I had never played it, so I was the last person alive and the terrorists set the bomb up, I went to their camp instead of ours and we lost. I think we should pick a couple maps and learn them well, also working on team work is a good idea.
Old 10-06-02, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by s}{ammer
Yeah, we really need to work on team work. It got better the longer we played last night though. By the time we got to rats nest we were kicking some arse. I know my biggest flaw is that I do not know all the maps, so when we get to a map like rats nest I know it better so I am a little better playing there. That one bitter jungle I think it's called, I had never played it, so I was the last person alive and the terrorists set the bomb up, I went to their camp instead of ours and we lost. I think we should pick a couple maps and learn them well, also working on team work is a good idea.
OK, so for tomorrow's game, we'll have a password and we'll start talking.

Last Monday, I noticed there wasn't a lot of talking, but on Tuesday, we began talking to each other. We should also select someone to gather the room and set the password. Would posting it here be a good idea, or would sending it through e-mail to the clan members work better?
Old 10-06-02, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would also suggest we get someone to start being our sniper. We need at least one person to fill each position, sniper is pretty important. There are a couple levels that are perfect for sniping. You know, we really need our own area to duscuss our strategy instead of posting it here in an open forum. Angry J we really need to kick it a bit here. The HTF guys are lightyears ahead of us right now.
Old 10-06-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So... where are we supposed to discuss our strategy?
Old 10-06-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for now I guess here, but we really do need someplace private.
Old 10-06-02, 09:09 PM

Why don't we start a private Yahoogroup or something? Angry J can send out invites to the clan members, and we can discuss strategy and whatnot there.

If we discuss any strategy here, we're telling our opponents what we're going to do.
Old 10-07-02, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So we're still on for tonight at 8 central right? If there is going to be a password e-mail it to me. I would be p***d if I didn't get to play.
Old 10-07-02, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I can make 9 eastern (8 central) tonight. Post a clan message via the game, post here or send emails.

If someone wants to be a designated sniper, we need a cover man for him. Someone who can cover his back while he's blind to everything but his scope.

I'm no expert (not even close), but I'd also suggest teams of 2-3. Alpha team, Bravo team, etc. I do a lot better when I work with someone else.

Maybe 2 teams of 3, Alpha and Bravo, 1 sniper and 1 sniper's buddy.

Strategy of course would change depending on the game type and map.

Anyone ever set up a mailing list? That could be an alternative to a forum. Whichever is easier.
Old 10-07-02, 10:46 AM

Guys,
I was just wondering if the HTF/DVD Talk practice is still on for tonight.
We can learn from each other, as well as keep the idiots(i.e. non-members/team players) out of the room.

Just let me know, Mr. Angry J.

Sincerely,
HTF-Nightwing
(your friendly neighborhood HTF SOCOM clan leader)
Old 10-07-02, 12:02 PM
ME2

I can try to make it on tonight at 9. I do work so I may not be on right away. I'm dvdgopack2. I'll at least try to be on by 10 eastern though. If it's passworded I'll need that also. Thanks
Old 10-07-02, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Gromit
I think I can make 9 eastern (8 central) tonight. Post a clan message via the game, post here or send emails.

If someone wants to be a designated sniper, we need a cover man for him. Someone who can cover his back while he's blind to everything but his scope.

I'm no expert (not even close), but I'd also suggest teams of 2-3. Alpha team, Bravo team, etc. I do a lot better when I work with someone else.

Maybe 2 teams of 3, Alpha and Bravo, 1 sniper and 1 sniper's buddy.

Strategy of course would change depending on the game type and map.

Anyone ever set up a mailing list? That could be an alternative to a forum. Whichever is easier.
I've set up mailing lists using yahoogroups before. I'm willing to do it if Angry J gives the OK.

I'd also like to snipe. I'm not too familiar with all of the boards, though... The spotter should know the boards like the back of their hand. Maybe even use a silenced weapon, in case the sniper misses some one, or if they have to kill to protect the sniper.

I also think dividing into teams would work well. maybe a machine gunner and 2 people with assault rifles. And lots more communication. If we're good, we can set up fields of fire and whatnot

Last edited by Cornemite; 10-07-02 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-07-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in for tonight. I wouldn't make a good sniper so whomever wants that will hear no complaints from me.
Old 10-07-02, 01:41 PM

Cornemite I'm all for you setting up a Yahoo group. I think that would be best way to discuss strategy and passwords without prying eyes watching.

Remember, I won't be able to play tonight because I'm not at my house, and won't be all week. I hope everyone has a good time though.

As far as practice with HTF goes, you guys can work it out since I won't be around.

P.S. I LOVE the strategy and tactics talk going on. Keep it up! Again, have fun tonight, and post how it went here so I can read about it at work tomorrow.

Old 10-07-02, 02:49 PM

hey jw2299, did you send me a clan invite with my new name? [DVD] VIC VEGA. Last time I played i wasn't a clan member, but I have forgotten to check my invites recently. Thanks.
Old 10-07-02, 02:56 PM

Guys,

I just saw the post that your leader won't be able to make it tonight.
If some of you still want to practice/play with/against us, have one of your clan members who has contact with others to PM me. (look at my profile)

I'm sure that we can help ya'll out !

HTF-Nightwing
Old 10-07-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I will be there tonight.
Old 10-07-02, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by jw2299
Cornemite I'm all for you setting up a Yahoo group. I think that would be best way to discuss strategy and passwords without prying eyes watching.

Remember, I won't be able to play tonight because I'm not at my house, and won't be all week. I hope everyone has a good time though.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

I just set up [email protected]. I've invited Angry J. Once he joins, I'll hand over mod repsonsibilities to him. All the other people who are in our clan can join by going to the yahoogroups site and signing up. Angry J and I will have the power to approve all members, so make sure you include your clan name in your sign up.

As far as practice with HTF goes, you guys can work it out since I won't be around.

P.S. I LOVE the strategy and tactics talk going on. Keep it up! Again, have fun tonight, and post how it went here so I can read about it at work tomorrow.

Should we be practicing with the enemy?
Old 10-07-02, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ah, they are wimps, we can take em.
Old 10-07-02, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Cornemite

Should we be practicing with the enemy?
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

-- I forgot who said that.
Old 10-07-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

when I do a search for specotts it errors out.
Old 10-07-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't find specotts either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.