Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Lots of info on new Xbox games!

Old 09-22-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lots of info on new Xbox games!

I started a thread on another site and the news I have is spread out over so many posts, I will post the link instead of reposting the info http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthrea...hreadid=133321

I fixed the thread title for clarity.
Old 09-23-02, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

neat. You should just repost it cuz people here are lazy. Tell me more about Steel Batallion.
Old 09-23-02, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Gamestop store managers conference was awesome. It was like a better E3. This report will be alot longer than I thought. Forgive me if any of this is old news, I've been gone 4 days. The first night we got to meet the "King" Jerry Lawler. Day 2 of the conference was all Xbox. At lunch they showed us the Halo 2 trailer running on an Xbox debug kit, awesome!, and Project Gotham 2. PGR 2 is a LIVE ENABLED GAME! Project Ego is now officially called Fable. We saw B.C running on a debug kit also, WOW it looks so amazing! Then they gave us all an Xbox, that's 1,200, one for every store manager. What will I do with 2? Then we had little training rooms with publishers and vendors. I played Splinter Cell, Blinx, Panzer Dragoon, Brute Force, Toe Jam and Earl, Marvel Vs. Capcom, and Steel Batallion!!!!!!! I played every game I wanted except for Unreal Championship and Halo 2! And it's not counting the games I played for other systems later. Here are my mini reviews. Splinter Cell is amazing, there is a device called a distraction camera. You shoot it onto a wall, where you can watch enemies, it whistles to get there attention. When they come over to look at it, it shoots tear gas. Blinx is very cool, a very complicated platformer. You have to collect different time crystals in a certain order to get each time power, I didn't have enough time to get the hang of it. Panzer was super sweet, looks like it will not dissapoint! Brute Force is looking great, I can't believe they need time to tweak that game! Switching between the four people is great! The co-op mode is very cool. Start single player, hit start on second controller and BAM co-op in progress! Toe Jam and Earl, I didn't play enough, but it's cool. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 will be on LIVE!!!! It looked and played perfect! Can't wait to play it online. PS2 version won't be online
And finally, Steel Batallion! It's only $199, and it's so worth it. It took me and 6 others surrounding me to figure out how to play it. It brough me back to a time I forgot, when I could really escape into a game. It will take about a week to get the controls down.

If you have any specific questions, please ask. Bear in mind, I only played them for 5 minutes tops!

More in depth Steel Batllion info-
I wanted to tell everyone about all this stuff. The contoller is really amazing. The playable was in japanese to make things more difficult. The startup sequence is complicated but the buttons light up to guide you. Then there are the switches underneath the gearshift. You flip those back and forth until some power meters start going. You then hit start, maybe launch, button and your mech comes to life. Your in a hanger with other mechs that are deploying. You go from neutral to 1st gear and step on the gas. Woomp kachunk woomp kachunk, best way I can describe the sound of walking. You leave the hanger and a huge battle is raging on the beach. The other mechs got ahead of me because it took me, and 6 others, a while to figure out what the hell I was doing. I get to the enemies and bullets and missiles are going like mad, I lock on and fire. Then I get stuck on some big rocks. Had to throw it in reverse and shake myself free. I then got killed. So I decided to let others play, we only had 30 minutes for 20 people to play. I watched the guy from Capcom show us what to do, and I couldn't believe he could pilot that thing. I think it will take many days to master the controls.

It's truely the most amazing game I've ever experienced. I really can't describe the sensation you get while playing. You all need this game.
Old 09-23-02, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, is the controller something that you would stick on your lap sitting on the couch? Do you need to stand up or something? Does it vibrate? What's up? How good is the game itself aside from the beast of a controller? Realistic? Immersive?
Old 09-23-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I want more LIVE enabled game!!!!!
Old 09-23-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On blinx, the whole rewinding feature, does it work well in the game?
Old 09-23-02, 11:46 AM

Is Steel Battalion going to work on XBOX Live? It seems like if you could play it live, then it might be worth it exhorbitant cash (of course I'll never convince my wife of that).
Old 09-23-02, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
(of course I'll never convince my wife of that).
You're right, you won't!
Old 09-23-02, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
Is Steel Battalion going to work on XBOX Live? It seems like if you could play it live, then it might be worth it exhorbitant cash (of course I'll never convince my wife of that).
It's always been planned that the sequel will be online.
Old 09-23-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here goes- The controller for Steel Batllion doesn't vibrate, imagine how many motors you would need for it! You need a desk to hold the controller, it's about the size of 3 Xboxs plus 3 foot pedals. The guy from Capcom told me if a sequel was made it would be online. It's the most realistic and immersive game I've ever played. I honestly can't believe they made it, and released it in the states.

Blinx- the rewinding feature and the other time powers work great and are imperitive to the game. There was an area where a bridge had fallen down. You jump in the creek below and use a rewind and your now on the bridge before it broke.
Old 09-24-02, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Will Brute Force be online?