Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone find the free e-card at Toys-R-US?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-02, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This is what I'm talking about. http://pocket.ign.com/articles/371/371453p1.html

Its a free e-reader card with an air hockey game on it. IGN says Toys-R-Us is giving it away. I went to two today and they have never heard of it. Doesn't mean its not out there though. Sometimes clerks aren't told about promo items or they may not have gotten them yet.

If anyone actually finds this let me know. IGN may have been wrong about the store thats giving it away or something.
Old 09-22-02, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got one from my local EB. They were free and they had TONS of them.
Old 09-23-02, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My local Toys R Us had tons of them. Plus you can find punks on Ebay selling them.
Old 09-23-02, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free e-cards? or the entire device?
Old 09-23-02, 12:24 PM
Banned

I just picked up one at GameStop...they were behind the counter, so try asking if you don't see them around the store. And it's just a card with an air hockey game on it, not a free E-reader.

FS
Old 09-23-02, 12:30 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I asked at Toys R US and they didn't know. I didn't know they were available everywhere...hmmm....
Old 09-23-02, 12:36 PM
Suspended

Man, there going for $5 each on ebay! There FREE! Would anyone be kind enough to hook me up with one? I can send a SASE? If I find these at EB or anywhere, I will grab a stack and send them to anyone who needs them. Sadly, I wont be going to any stores for a few weeks....
Old 09-23-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Found them at EB. Fun little game, but hard to beat the computer.
Old 09-29-02, 12:51 PM
Suspended

I came into alot of these cards, and would send them to anyone for $1 shipped. Just Paypal me, [email protected], $1, and I will get a card out to you the next day. I am not trying to make money on these, just trying to get rid of these , and into gamers hands.
Old 09-30-02, 11:04 AM
Suspended

I love the e-bay jerks selling these things and then asking for FOUR BUCKS shipping? How the hell does this guy ship - in a solid gold box with inlayed rubies, delivered by a specially trained carrier pigeon?

The cost should be 38 cents - the price of a stamp. Period. End of story. Hell, perhaps 50 cents if you figure in the cost of an envelope and a couple of 3x5 cards to sandwich the item and keep it from bending.

(**EDIT**, and I love the guys selling this "Rare and hard to find promo card" . . . . in a dutch auction with over a hundred of them. Yeah, that's rare alright.)
Old 09-30-02, 12:12 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The problem with the success of ebay is that whenever something is given away for free the gougers run to the stores and grab as many copies as they can get. Now, the free item is impossible to find unless you want to pay the ebay gougers.

If I see one of these for free I'll pick up ONE in case I get an e-reader in the future. But no way am I paying somebody just because they got to the store first.
Old 09-30-02, 06:16 PM
Suspended

Well, I can understand where both of you come from...however...

Not ALL stores will get these cards. There will be people that come in, and take them all. If someone really wants this game THAT bad, they will buy off ebay, and people know that. My Toys R Us has two boxes ful, each box has 1000 cards. They guy won't even put them out, you have to ask for them to get them. He gave me a decent size stack, and now I don't know what to do with them. I figure someone here will want them, so I offer them. I think $1 for a Game isn't a bad price, considering I need to supply the envelope, the stamp, and my time to not only write the persons address, but the time it took to get the cards.

I am more than willing to sell these for $0.50 cents, but I think PayPal has a minium of $1.
Old 09-30-02, 06:53 PM
Suspended

No, no - Giz, don't get me wrong. I wasn't slamming you or anything. A buck is perfectly reasonable to me. No, I was venting at the E-Bay scum - ALL ebay scum that overcharge for shipping, regardless of if it's a DVD, game, 3x5 card or a computer desk.

(Sorry, I'm bitter. I was just recently bitten for 8 bucks shipping on a legitimately out of print and hard to find import Laserdisc - and the jackass didn't even bother leaving me good feedback!)