Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

problem with ps2 network adapter & madden...please help!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-20-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hello,
I bought the network adapter for ps2 for using it with Madden 2003. I installed it yesterday and right away it said "The madden server is down, please try again later".
I waited for about two hours and finally it picked up a connection. I tried to play again today, but I'm getting the same response about the system being down....

My question is does anyone else having the same problem as me, or am I doing something wrong on my installation. Every time I try to test it, it says that I have installed it correctly, but the test connection fails. Does anyone else have trouble getting into Madden, or is it just me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW... I have a high speed DSL connection and I'm running my router into a hub and the ethernet cable from the hub into the ps2 network adapter...
Old 09-20-02, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did you try plugging the dsl connection straight into the adapter to rule out any connection problems between the hub and router?
Old 09-20-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ripped this from Tattood

from EA Tech Support site:

If you are having difficulty connecting to the Madden NFL 2003 Playstation 2 online server, there are three main things to check.

1. Check to make sure the PS2 network adapter has been configured correctly. The adapter should have instructions you can go through to make sure it has been set up properly. You may need to contact Sony support if you are unsure about the setup process.

2. Make sure you have registered the online adapter with Sony. Again, this is something you can do by contacting Sony support.

3. Check to see if you are connecting to the internet from behind a firewall, or if your ISP blocks any ports. The following ports need to be open to be able to connect:

TCP 9995/9996 outgoing to connect to the lobby server.
UDP 1791/1792 incoming/outgoing for head-to-head play.