DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Looks like Microsoft is still picking Live Beta Testers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/237446-looks-like-microsoft-still-picking-live-beta-testers.html)

Cyberock 09-17-02 04:33 PM

Looks like Microsoft is still picking Live Beta Testers

I just got an email 2 minutes ago saying I was picked to be a Beta tester. As soon as I can get into their site, I'll order it. Must be getting hammered right now.

finbogg 09-17-02 04:50 PM

Damn...the suspense is killing me. I got an email from the about 3 weeks ago saying they would contact me in September. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

goLUCKY 09-17-02 04:53 PM

<----Gamertag

See you out there!

Cyberock 09-17-02 06:09 PM

Still trying to purchase this thing, their server just keeps hanging up....UGH!!! Hope this isn't a sign on how Live runs.

darkside 09-17-02 06:40 PM

I just got picked as well. Can't decide whether I should do it or not.

BTW, I'm not trying to sell it or anything. I will either do it myself or give the opportunity to someone else. I doubt my curiosity will keep me from trying it though. :)

spainlinx0 09-17-02 09:15 PM

Man people signed up who don't even want the damn thing are getting picked, and here I sit screwed over and I actually want to try it out.

DVDGamer 09-17-02 10:35 PM

I'm also still waiting. Got too impatient I finally bought a PS2 Network Adapter last weekend. Problem is, nobody seems to be playing the freebie PS2 games. Now I may have to get SOCOM as well. Or maybe just wait for the NBA games coming in October. Hmmmm.

Gallant Pig 09-17-02 10:50 PM

DVDGamer, NBA 2K2 (the only bball game other than Inside Drive worth buying) is going to be XBL only. Just letting you know.

Flay 09-17-02 10:53 PM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
DVDGamer, NBA 2K2 (the only bball game other than Inside Drive worth buying) is going to be XBL only. Just letting you know.
When did that happen? Sega's site still lists NBA 2K3 as being online for PS2 and XBox:

http://www.sega.com/segasports/games...l?PRODID=10155

Are you confusing it with NHL 2K3? That's the only online hockey game this year only on XBox Live.

DVDGamer 09-17-02 10:56 PM

Ya, I had to recheck as well as I know its on all console boxes. Still, if its coming for both PS2 and Xbox, most likely I'll grab the xbox version. You get the extra oomph in the graphics thats well worth it. Well, at least until a review says otherwise. Now I just hope they'll have the buy 2 get 3 games in October that they had last year! Thats when I start grabbing games! : )

Gallant Pig 09-17-02 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Flay
When did that happen? Sega's site still lists NBA 2K3 as being online for PS2 and XBox:

http://www.sega.com/segasports/games...l?PRODID=10155

Are you confusing it with NHL 2K3? That's the only online hockey game this year only on XBox Live.

Weell it was from that WOWZY post.. But then again that guy is probably full of crap so pretend I didn't say that. :p

Gallant Pig 09-17-02 10:57 PM

Originally posted by DVDGamer
Ya, I had to recheck as well as I know its on all console boxes. Still, if its coming for both PS2 and Xbox, most likely I'll grab the xbox version. You get the extra oomph in the graphics thats well worth it. Well, at least until a review says otherwise. Now I just hope they'll have the buy 2 get 3 games in October that they had last year! Thats when I start grabbing games! : )

Ahh you're a multi-system kinda guy! Carry on! :up:

tenaciousdave 09-17-02 11:13 PM

I almost crapped my pants! *shouts from back of the room-ALMOST!* I can't believe I made it in.

MrPink 09-17-02 11:38 PM

Is anyone else having problems choosing a country? The US is not listed. I have refreshed the page twice

MrPink 09-18-02 06:58 AM

Yeah. I just ordered my beta kit. Can't wait.

goLUCKY 09-18-02 09:23 AM

Post your gamertag as soon as you get one!
-Lucky

finbogg 09-18-02 09:42 AM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
Man people signed up who don't even want the damn thing are getting picked, and here I sit screwed over and I actually want to try it out.
Yeah really.

If you don't want them, share the wealth with your fellow DVDTalkers!

jhiter24 09-18-02 12:37 PM

Got mine.......gamertag "Hitman jLh"

MrPink 09-18-02 02:22 PM

do you have to wait to get the kit to create your gamertag?

mrglass 09-18-02 03:32 PM

Originally posted by MrPink
do you have to wait to get the kit to create your gamertag?
Yes

gr8vette 09-18-02 08:07 PM

So what other games come with the beta other than the football game???

I don't play football and wonder if it is worth my time to sign up for the beta...

Shawn 09-18-02 08:14 PM

I think ReVolt does...and aren't they supposed to get a new game next month? Perhaps Unreal Championship :drool:

darkside 09-18-02 10:00 PM

What all comes in the beta kit?

Is there any real incentive to get this early? I really don't want to play either Revolt or NFL Fever online. If we get Unreal though it might be worth it.

Are the games the full versions or just beta copies that can only be used during the testing time?

I'm on the fence on this, at least with the PS2 you got the adapter free. I don't like paying to be a beta tester. If MS is not giving anything good for free I'm going to pass.

Flay 09-19-02 11:19 AM

Originally posted by darkside
What all comes in the beta kit?
Revolt, NFL Fever, the communicator, the startup disc, and an orange memory card.

Is there any real incentive to get this early? I really don't want to play either Revolt or NFL Fever online. If we get Unreal though it might be worth it.

1. You can register your gamertag early. That's better than being stuck with a choice between Captain Poopshoot or Richard Simmons.

2. Other games will be sent out. Revolt has been cancelled as the pack-in game. The word on the street is that MS will include several mini-games and 1 big game. Beta testers will get all of these early.

Are the games the full versions or just beta copies that can only be used during the testing time?
They are not full versions, but you will be able to play them after launch.

I'm on the fence on this, at least with the PS2 you got the adapter free. I don't like paying to be a beta tester. If MS is not giving anything good for free I'm going to pass.
1. You are not paying to be a Beta tester. You are paying for the XBox Live kit in advance. The service starts on Nov. 15. Up until then, you play for free.

2. You are not charged until Nov. 15th. My Kit is waiting outside my door, but I haven't been charged.

mrglass 09-19-02 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Flay

2. You are not charged until Nov. 15th. My Kit is waiting outside my door, but I haven't been charged.
The charge for my kit showed up on my credit card statement four days before I received it.