DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Looks like Microsoft is still picking Live Beta Testers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/237446-looks-like-microsoft-still-picking-live-beta-testers.html)

Canis Firebrand 09-19-02 01:26 PM

I signed up, though I'm sure I have no chance to be selected this late in.

I just got my xbox last week and signed up the other night to be part of the beta test.

darkside 09-19-02 05:43 PM

Originally posted by MrPink
Is anyone else having problems choosing a country? The US is not listed. I have refreshed the page twice
I decided to sign up and now I'm having the same problem.

I can't get past the checkout screen.

I called the number posted for Xbox help and they sent me to another number for ecustomer care and that lady sent me back to the first number.

I tried to be a beta tester, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Anyone else have this problem and work around it. Microsoft is no help as usual.

spainlinx0 09-19-02 09:49 PM

I'm having the same problem as the above poster, so if anyone finds a fix please help us out. I was dying to get selected and now this? I called them but they said just try again in an hour because they are getting hit or something.

Tuan Jim 09-19-02 10:58 PM

Having the same problem as well -- just my luck. The tech guy on the phone said it should be fixed w/in 24 hours. I just tried again -- 5th time w/ no luck.

IIRC we have 3 days before we lose our chance to sign up, but I could be wrong.

Tuan Jim

darkside 09-20-02 06:14 AM

Just tried again this morning, but its still screwed up.

Hopefully some time today they will fix it.

Gromit 09-20-02 06:19 AM

I think I'm having the same problem you guys are having.

Are they trying to screw this up? It's not like we're the first batch of beta testers.

Flay 09-20-02 07:56 AM

It's not a big deal people. They went through this same problem earlier in the week when they added 5000 testers. Wait a while and it will work.

Gromit 09-20-02 09:14 AM

It wasn't the volume, it was an .asp problem (variable not defined, could've been a database proble).

I just ordered.

Edison 09-20-02 09:31 AM

Just got my invite this morning, just signed up for the XBOXGear section and ordered my kit, no problems. Me sooo happy!

spainlinx0 09-20-02 12:18 PM

Well they fixed it, thank God.

Cyberock 09-20-02 12:42 PM

anybody knows how long it usually takes for them to ship it?

Tuan Jim 09-20-02 01:12 PM

thanks for the update. worked for me this time. Should have it next week hopefully.

Tuan Jim

darkside 09-20-02 03:32 PM

I ordered as well. Glad they got it working.

MrPink 09-20-02 03:43 PM

I had this problem when I first went to order it and the guy I talked to said that the servers were being hit hard and that was causing the delay. I ordered it at 6:30 AM EST time and had no problems.

Tuan Jim 09-22-02 08:01 PM

Just a quick question for those already set up. I'm assuming I'll have to have my DSL router already set up and working before I connect with Xbox Live -- right? Also, does Live come with an RJ45 cable or do I need to buy a spare?

thanks,
Tuan Jim

goLUCKY 09-22-02 10:57 PM

Live does not come with an ethernet cable.

Cyberock 09-23-02 05:01 PM

Anyone who ordered last week receive their shipping track number yet or received their live kit? I know it says two days before you receive the tracking number but it's been longer than 2 days already for me. Getting anxious!!!

goLUCKY 09-23-02 05:11 PM

I got my kit 5 buiness days after I ordered it, and got the tracking number two days after that! So much for being prompt. ;)

Cyberock 09-24-02 12:03 PM

Originally posted by golucky
I got my kit 5 buiness days after I ordered it, and got the tracking number two days after that! So much for being prompt. ;)
Well, I got my beta kit yesterday but still waiting on my tracking number ;)

goLUCKY 09-24-02 12:38 PM

Now you'll only have two more days until you get your tracking number. :D

mrglass 09-24-02 08:03 PM

New Beta games

"By October 8th, look out for more slammin' Live-enabled games including Whacked! and MotoGP..."

I've never played MotoGP...is it any good?

Cyberock 09-24-02 08:57 PM

Originally posted by goLUCKY
Now you'll only have two more days until you get your tracking number. :D
I actually got my tracking number today. They really know how to time it.