Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

KMart or CC deals on PS2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KMart or CC deals on PS2?

I swear that I get the skimpy paper of the bunch every week, I hardly ever get these ads. I'm wondering if they have any PS2 deals this week, especially on accessories/Greatest Hits titles. If anyone can help, much thanks!
Old 09-15-02, 09:04 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

http://www.kmart.com/circulars/20020804/page3.html

www.circuitcity.com Click on Weekly ad. Click on video games.
Old 09-15-02, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

KB Toys is starting a Toy Club today, basically you get a card and every $25 you spend, you get a stamp (consoles and gift cards not included). Plus you get a bonus stamp after your first stamp. After 4 stamps you get 20% off your next purchase on anything in the store excluding hardware and gift cards. There are so many holes in this system that I can't see it staying this way for long, so I'd take advantage quickly.

So basically, you buy two games at $75 or so... then you can get as many games as you want for 20% off on your next purchase.

~Scheherazade
Old 09-15-02, 07:49 PM

Yeah, I work at KB and the new Toy Club does have some problems. Same with some other programs they are running. I think customers will make out like bandits. We do have a deal on PS2's and right not though. If you buy the system you get an extra controller, a case, and an RFU adapter free. It's generic stuff but hey, it's free and it never hurts to have a backup controller. The best thing to do right now if your looking to catch up on some good games is to buy 75 bucks worth like said above and come back later in the day or the next day and load up. Someone is already doing that at our store. Unfortunatly I can't since I work there... at least for now.
Old 09-15-02, 08:11 PM

Try this:

http://www.salescircular.com/
Old 09-15-02, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scheherazade
KB Toys is starting a Toy Club today, basically you get a card and every $25 you spend, you get a stamp (consoles and gift cards not included). Plus you get a bonus stamp after your first stamp. After 4 stamps you get 20% off your next purchase on anything in the store excluding hardware and gift cards. There are so many holes in this system that I can't see it staying this way for long, so I'd take advantage quickly.

So basically, you buy two games at $75 or so... then you can get as many games as you want for 20% off on your next purchase.

~Scheherazade
I can see it now. Buy games and toys at one store. Return at another store a few days later and buy somehting else and return the second purchase at the original store. OR just pay cash and have a friend return it not to arouse suspicsion. But the whole time you keep getting the stamps on your card.
Old 09-16-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by teplitsa
I can see it now. Buy games and toys at one store. Return at another store a few days later and buy somehting else and return the second purchase at the original store. OR just pay cash and have a friend return it not to arouse suspicsion. But the whole time you keep getting the stamps on your card.
Yeah, there are a lot of flaws in the system that we employees picked up on in the span of an hour that apparently the big wigs never thought of when implementing this hair-brained scheme. The one you mention is just one of several that I'll do my best not to expound upon, being a good KB employee and all At any rate, take advantage of this one quick cuz I don't see it staying in its current incarnation for very long.

~Scheherazade
Old 09-16-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Flay - The Kmart is good. Thanks.
I thought that CC would have a nice setup like BB or something for showing their ad, but it isn't. On top of that, they don't list any actual games, only consoles & accessories. Any other ideas from the peanut gallery?
Old 09-16-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try the one that gjablonski mentioned - www.salescircular.com . They list all the games on sale in your area and they're seperated by system.
Old 09-16-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah - I checked that out. Do any of you have the actual ad? I am wondering if all the GH's for PS2 are 14.99, or only the ones that www.salescircular.com mention.
Old 09-16-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by spankyj
Yeah - I checked that out. Do any of you have the actual ad? I am wondering if all the GH's for PS2 are 14.99, or only the ones that www.salescircular.com mention.
I think its all of them. GT3 wasn't pictured in the add, but it rang up for $14.99.
Old 09-17-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was the game I was wondering about - thanks Darkside.
Old 09-17-02, 07:30 PM

The salesclerk @ CC said it was only the ones in the ad, but I told her to check the prices of Spy Hunter and Onimusha anyway. They both rang up as $14.99. Tried Devil May Cry also, but it was still $19.99. So if there is something you want, just have them do a price check.
Old 09-18-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool, thx Bubba.