DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-11-02, 04:08 AM   #26
Trigger
DVD Talk Legend

I know it's a silly reason, but I probably won't give this game a chance based on the fact that it involves Disney characters. I hate Disney for what they do to foreign cinema. I know - dumb. Okay... so aside from that, this game has alot going for it. I've always wanted to play the Final Fantasy games so I can watch the cool CGI movies, but couldn't stand the gameplay - turn-based combat just struck me as being uber lame. This one not being turn-based puts me back on the fence at least. Damn you Disney - burn in hell!
Old 09-11-02, 06:15 AM   #27
darkside
DVD Talk Legend

I hate Disney too for some of the things they have done lately (especially the foreign film thing), but for me to pass on a good FF game because of Disney is silly. Its just like people bashing the Xbox because of things Microsoft has done in the PC realm.

Walt's characters are still great and I've got to put some of the current Disney frustrations aside and enjoy this game.
Old 09-11-02, 01:39 PM   #28
einTier
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally hate Disney, mainly for their 'take no prisoners, scorched earth' approach to copyright law. And, I hate the FF series because I really just don't like RPGs. I didn't mind watching my roommate play FF7, but sitting down to play was excruciatingly painful for me. I'm the only person in the world who hated Devil May Cry, forced himself through a quarter of the game, and then put it on the shelf.

That said, I'm buying this game. Why?

First, my wife is the biggest Disney fan. Loves just about anything associated with Disney. And, though she generally hates video games, she keeps asking me when this is coming out. It's the first game she's ever encouraged me to buy and play. I'm also hoping that I can get her into the gameplay, and she'll play it instead of me, and then branch off to other games.

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name....
Old 09-11-02, 02:01 PM   #29
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

I'm really looking forward to this one ever since I first heard about it (e3 2001?). I have some credit at Wally world that I've been sitting on for a few months, saving for this release. The concept really intrigues me and I'm a huge Disney animation fan (not counting all that direct-to-video sequel-crap they've been chugging out for years) It looks like the production values are all first rate in this game. I wish the reviews were all glowing and effusive, but at least they're all positive, and surely this won't be the first game I've played with camera problems. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 09-11-02, 02:03 PM   #30
Aghama
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by darkside
I hate Disney too for some of the things they have done lately (especially the foreign film thing), but for me to pass on a good FF game because of Disney is silly. Its just like people bashing the Xbox because of things Microsoft has done in the PC realm.
No, it's like people not buying the Xbox because of the things Microsoft has done in the PC realm. Disney is getting part of the profit for the game, and some people are willful enough to not give money to companies they despise. Luckily I have no such moral underpinnings, it makes life a lot easier.
Old 09-11-02, 07:14 PM   #31
zero
DVD Talk Limited Edition

9-17-2002

Mark those calendars people. Oh and before I forget N2Toys are making sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet action figures based on the game. N2Toys are also responsible for the Matrix action figures (which I do own) which werent too bad (first wave rocked the second and third were kinda weak). This game and the preorder of these figures are probably what Im going to spend my first check on. entertainmentearth.com. For those of you not wanting to spend that kinda money on action figures you can pick them up piece by piece at your local GameStop by October. Im glad to see that even those who dont like Disney are willing to give this game a chance.
Old 09-11-02, 07:44 PM   #32
Trigger
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by einTier
I'm the only person in the world who hated Devil May Cry, forced himself through a quarter of the game, and then put it on the shelf.
I hated Devil May Cry also...
Old 09-11-02, 07:47 PM   #33
Trigger
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Aghama
No, it's like people not buying the Xbox because of the things Microsoft has done in the PC realm. Disney is getting part of the profit for the game, and some people are willful enough to not give money to companies they despise. Luckily I have no such moral underpinnings, it makes life a lot easier.
I don't like to give money to companies I despise... so I'm torn here. If I want to play it, I'm either gonna have to buy it which means Disney gets my money, or I'll have to rent it which means Blockbuster gets my money. Both are bad situations. Maybe I can borrow it from my neighbor... either way, I'm in no hurry.
Old 09-11-02, 08:36 PM   #34
darkside
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Trigger
I hated Devil May Cry also...
As did I. Overated game IMO.
Old 09-16-02, 04:49 AM   #35
thegame370
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well the 17th is almost here and im ready to purchase it when it arrives. So to anyone else who gets it, post your thoughts and first impressions...
Old 09-16-02, 10:45 AM   #36
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by thegame370
Well the 17th is almost here and im ready to purchase it when it arrives. So to anyone else who gets it, post your thoughts and first impressions...
I can't wait either, although I never seem to find these games on their "release date", it always seems to take another day or two to come out.

Old 09-16-02, 11:50 AM   #37
AgtFox
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by Decker
I can't wait either, although I never seem to find these games on their "release date", it always seems to take another day or two to come out.
Release date = ship date. Little to no games get to store shelves on ship date. Always expect day after (EB, Gamestop) or a day after that (Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.).
Old 09-16-02, 12:51 PM   #38
zero
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by AgtFox
Release date = ship date. Little to no games get to store shelves on ship date. Always expect day after (EB, Gamestop) or a day after that (Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.).
DoH!

My store doesnt get a shipment until Thursday so I wont have the game until friday. SO whoever gets teh game first start a new discussion thread or keep the opinions and impressions here .
Old 09-16-02, 02:09 PM   #39
kvrdave
DVD Talk God

Quote:
Originally posted by Scheherazade
Eeyore better make a cameo or I'm gonna be mad!

Sounds like fun, not that I'll ever have any.
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.”

― Carl Sagan
Old 09-16-02, 02:23 PM   #40
Mattalos

Eeyore's in it.
Old 09-17-02, 08:56 PM   #41
Decker
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone find it yet? I checked at WalMart, TRU and BB without any luck today

Old 09-17-02, 09:09 PM   #42
blakwngbrd

Quote:
Originally posted by Decker
Anyone find it yet? I checked at WalMart, TRU and BB without any luck today
I wouldn't expect to see it at BB until Thursday. Their website has 9/19 as the release date. Dunno about the other two, but probably a similar situation. Unlike DVDs, they really do wait to ship to the stores until release date (bummer).
Old 09-17-02, 09:52 PM   #43
psxfan2

i'm not a big disney fan by any means, but i saw the review on extended play on techtv and was impressed by the the graphics, animations and so on it looks very cool heres the review.

http://www.techtv.com/extendedplay/r...398486,00.html
Old 09-18-02, 12:39 AM   #44
thegame370
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i searched today (9/17) for KH and turned up empty handed.
I knew stores like CC and BB wouldn't have it but apparently my regular game stores where i usually get things early didnt have it either. Everyone is saying tomorrow so ill be back and let you know.
Old 09-18-02, 01:11 AM   #45
Mattalos

Circuit City gives you KH and a poster with the game.

I got my copy yesterday. I think you guys will like the game a lot if you give it a chance. Some people there's just no reasoning with, though.
Old 09-18-02, 01:16 AM   #46
Keyser Soze
DVD Talk Legend

Big Devil May Cry fan....

Big Final Fantasy fan.........

Huge Disney Animation fan.....

Can't wait to pick this one up tomorrow.

-k
###
Old 09-18-02, 01:17 AM   #47
zero
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattalos
Circuit City gives you KH and a poster with the game.

I got my copy yesterday. I think you guys will like the game a lot if you give it a chance. Some people there's just no reasoning with, though.
I envy you
Old 09-18-02, 01:19 AM   #48
Mattalos

No you don't. I hate KH. I only opened it to beat Sephiroth again. He had it coming.
Old 09-18-02, 01:22 AM   #49
zero
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by Mattalos
No you don't. I hate KH. I only opened it to beat Sephiroth again. He had it coming.
I still envy you
Old 09-18-02, 01:33 AM   #50
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Yeah, but mandy moore the voice of Aeirth? hmm sounds interesting.

Woo hoo, you can play in movies I didn't expect. like 101 dalmations.
Sponsored Links