Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sony PlayStation 3 Seen Out of the Box by 2005

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-02, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I've owned dozens of different Sony electronics from walkmans to high-end receivers to TVs. I always buy Sony... I don't know why though, because every single thing I've ever bought that's a Sony has broken. Sony makes electronics with a lot of bells and whistles, but their quality control sucks and their hardware is all cheap and breaks easily.

The first number indicates how many of that item I have owned and the second number indicates how many I've had break on me

Walkmans - 4 - 3
Discman - 2 - 2
Receivers - 5 - 5
CD Changers - 2 - 1
DVD Players - 2 - 0
Televisions - 4 - 3
Car Stereo - 2 - 0
Tape Deck - 2 - 2
Record Player - 1 - 1
Telephones - 2 - 2
Answering Machine - 2 - 2
Computer - 1 - 1
Mini Speakers - 1 - 1
Battery Adapter - 1 - 1
Calculator - 1 - 1
Camera - 1 - 1
VCR - 3 - 3
CD-Rom Drive - 3 - 3
Floppy Disc Drive - 3 - 2

There's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. That's alot of broken crap. I treat my stuff like the anal retentive chef too. Based on that, I should stop buying Sony.
Old 09-07-02, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the matter sammer? Did that make you mad? Well I've never known this person to lie and he is a PS2 owner for your information.

Of course everyone knows that Sony stretches the truth to the point of blatant lies to try to get customer interest on new products. My point is that Sony is doing it again with technology that is still in it's infantcy. So those claims by Sony are lies right now. No matter how you try and smooth it over, Sony is still Phony!!
Old 09-08-02, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't make me mad, I just think it is funny how many people claim to have and "in" with these companies. What you posted would never have been allowed to leave the board room at toshiba if it were true.

Trigger, no wonder you hate Sony, perhaps you shoudl stop throwing money at them since you are so unsatisfied.
Old 09-08-02, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by s}{ammer
Trigger, no wonder you hate Sony, perhaps you shoudl stop throwing money at them since you are so unsatisfied.
I don't hate Sony (even though I probably should) completely... I think the PS2 is about the only thing that keeps me from cursing them to hell for good (there's that whole napster thing I don't even want to go into now). It's Nintendo I hate, remember? j/k

Actually, I hate Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for various reasons... I also like all those companies for various reasons. Xbox, PS2, and... uh... let me get back to you on that.
Old 09-08-02, 09:46 AM

Just to let you in on a little reallity, business' don't keep secrets as well as you think. What my friend told me is not some sort of company secret. He said that IBM corporate employees have sent around little cartoons on how Sony is acting and one of his IBM corporate friends was the one that told him about it.

I'll see if he can get me one.