Driver 3 annouced for all consoles in 2003

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-02, 03:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driver 3 annouced for all consoles in 2003

INFOGRAMES ANNOUNCES DRIVER 3 FOR XBOX, PS2, NINTENDO GAMECUBE AND PC

The Wheelman Returns in Follow-up to Top-Selling PlayStation Series

LOS ANGELES – July 17, 2002 – Infogrames, Inc. (Nasdaq: IFGM), a leading global publisher of interactive entertainment software, is creating a third installment in the smash hit Driver(TM) series, currently titled Driver 3, for the Xbox(TM) video game system by Microsoft, the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube(TM) and personal computer. The game is being developed by Infogrames’ own Reflections Interactive in Newcastle, England, the team responsible for the original two Driver games and the current hit release, Stuntman.

“Gamers love the Driver series and have made it one of the best selling games of all time – Driver 2 continues to top the sales charts on the original PlayStation,” said Jean-Philippe Agati, senior vice president and general manager of Infogrames’ Los Angeles studio. “Reflections is already working on bringing all the excitement associated with the Driver franchise to the next generation consoles.”

Driver 3 is scheduled for release in 2003.

About Infogrames New York-based Infogrames, Inc. (Nasdaq: IFGM) is one of the largest third-party publishers of interactive entertainment software in the U.S. The Company develops video games for all consoles (Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Nintendo and Microsoft), PCs, and Macintosh systems. Infogrames’ catalogue of more than 1,000 titles includes award-winning franchises such as Civilization(R), Backyard Sports(TM), Deer Hunter(R), Driver(TM), RollerCoaster Tycoon(R), and Test Drive(R), and key licenses including Warner Bros. The Matrix(R), Warner Bros. Looney Tunes(TM), Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues(R), Dragon Ball Z(R), Unreal(R), Mission Impossible(R), Terminator(R), Harley-Davidson(R), Major League Baseball(R), and the National Football League(R), among many others. The Company’s Humongous Entertainment and MacSoft labels are leaders in children’s and Macintosh entertainment software, respectively.

Infogrames, Inc. is a majority-owned subsidiary of France-based Infogrames Entertainment SA (IESA) (Euronext 5257), a global publisher and distributor of video games for all platforms. In 2001, IESA acquired Infogrames Interactive, Inc. (formerly Hasbro Interactive), including rights to use its line of software based on well-known licenses such as MONOPOLY, Jeopardy(R), TONKA, and Atari(R), which are published and distributed in the U.S. by Infogrames, Inc. For more information, visit the Company’s Web site at www.infogrames.com.
Old 07-17-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good. I really liked the original.
Old 07-17-02, 04:12 PM
Cat

I wish they would have released this instead of Stuntman this year. Stuntman sounds like it could have used some more work, but I haven't played it so I guess I really can't comment on it. I loved the Driver games on PS1 though!

Cat
Old 07-18-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved Driver(s) as well. But GTA3 brought the Driver 2 look to a new level, allowing the gamer to do things outside of the vehicle. They need to incorporate this in the 3rd edition for me to buy it right away.

Otherwise, I'll have to wait a week.
Old 07-20-02, 12:43 PM
Suspended Pending Valid Email

i'd rather they just focus on the driving aspect of the game. IMO gta3's driving wasn't that polished.
Old 07-20-02, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It better be finished when they release it. Stuntman was an early beta version at best. I don't want Driver 3 to end up that bad.
Old 07-20-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
After GTA3, I can't see myself taking a step backwards. After playing Stuntman, I can't see myself playing another infogrames game for awhile... especially not a driving one.