Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Better Dvd Player: Xbox or PS2 ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-02, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by dfbennett
From the sounds of it, either one will probably work just fine for your needs.
yep and since he already owns the PS2 remote why spend any money to get the XBox remote. buy a dvd instead
Old 07-02-02, 02:31 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gcribbs

yep and since he already owns the PS2 remote why spend any money to get the XBox remote. buy a dvd instead
He does? I didn't read that, but if so then yeah I'd stick with the PS2. However I love the idea of having a backup in case a DVD is glitchy on one console you can throw it in the other.
Old 07-02-02, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video quality aside, my PS2 (bought during the great X-mas drought of 2000) would sometimes just quit playing DVD's in the middle of a movie. It would hit a spot then just stop, and no matter what I did (turn it off/on, skip past point, etc.) The dvd disc would die. I would then have to put it in my regular DVD player to finish the movie.

It might have been that particular PS2, and it didn't happen with every movie. Kind of a buzzkill when the movie quits at the best part though.

I haven't had that problem with my XBOX player.
Old 07-02-02, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gallant Pig

He does? I didn't read that, but if so then yeah I'd stick with the PS2. However I love the idea of having a backup in case a DVD is glitchy on one console you can throw it in the other.
my bad

I reread his posts. he kept mentioning he liked the Sony remote and he showed the version of the driver that the remote had so I jumped to he owns the remote.

of course since he has the current driver he does not need the remote to play dvd's. so he can play them in the PS2 without spending any money so my answer would be the same- spend nothing and use the PS2 and i need to read better
Old 07-02-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for clarification, I do not, as of yet, own the ps2 remote, nor the the xbox remote.

I haven't added up the totals here, but it seems like the xbox might be taking the lead in votes.
Old 07-02-02, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I use the PS2 over the Xbox and I have the DVD remotes for both. I can't really notice much of a difference between the two, but my Onkyo 600 (which is dead now) had a much better picture than both. The Sony remote is just better. It has all the buttons you need. The Xbox has a silly display menu you have to use to change audio or angles.