Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outtrigger for Dreamcast, any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-02, 03:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outtrigger for Dreamcast, any opinions?

Well, I re-hooked up the Dreamcast tonight, so now I have both the Xbox and Dreamcast side by side to play.

Dunno why, but decided to give the Dreamcast a second go, as I hadn't played it for a while.. And I forgot how good it was! Even having an Xbox, the graphics are still great in many games (was playing PSO and SA2).. Must say, they had TONS of AAA games for this system in its short lifespan. It's amazing it "failed."

But the main subject here is Outtrigger, a game from AM2 which I think may have gotten less attention than it deserves.. I have only played the demo for the game, but I enjoyed it alot.. So I am thinking about picking up the real deal... I think HALO has increased my appreciation for 1st person games.

Anyways, if you know anything about the game, please reply!

-Jim

PS: got one for sale/trade? email me.
Old 06-27-02, 04:37 AM

Hey.
I have this game,and don't really want it. Email me if interested.
I got it because I liked the demo also,but the game is kinda different. I haven't played it much,but I just find that to me, it doesn't compare to goldeneye or perfect dark(both for n64),so...not really my type of game,though this is probably the closest I'll get to those games.
[email protected]
Old 06-28-02, 09:16 AM

It's an ok game. I got this a long time ago and didn't care for the controls. Then you posted and I decided to try it again and after reconfiguring the controls it's actually an ok game. Arcade like in the setup and the levels tend to be very small. If you do get this, make sure to reconfigure the buttons so that the x,y,a,b buttons move your char, while the stick aims your gun. After I changed that the game became playable.
Old 06-29-02, 05:13 AM

might try that...thanks!
Old 06-29-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think I recall that game being one of the worst games I ever played on the DC. Stay far away.
Old 06-29-02, 02:03 PM
Banned

Just picked it up (Traded in my Genma Onimusha for Xbox, didnt like it, at gamestop)...

I really enjoy it so far.. Only got about 20 minutes in with it last night, need to tweek the controls, as the default worked but was a bit hard for me to get used to.

I really like AM2, so I really wanted to give this game a try and am glad I did!

Not sure why you think it was one of the "worst" games for DC, as it clearly isnt.

-Jim
Old 06-30-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It has its charm, there are alot of cool weapons and characters to unlock. The flamethrower was a bad idea to include it makes the game too easy if used especially online. But I have enjoyed many evenings of outtrigger. Graphics are good and the gameplay is frantic really fun to play with the Panther by Madcatz but thats true of all DC fps.
Old 06-30-02, 11:47 PM
Banned

Yes, I am really enjoying this game.

Beat every mission so far except for the very last one in Advanced difficulty.. This final boss is quite hard, any help on how to beat him? What weapons to use?

After I am down with mission mode, plan to finish all the Arcade modes, which I havent done yet, and then start playing some Deathmatch.. not sure how well it will be with 1 guy vs 3 bots, but hopefully its alright.

Can't wait for Unreal Championship and XBox Live!

-Jim