The GateWay Jedi Outcast challange

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-02, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this has been known for some time now. but it all goes down this weekend.

the big Gate way Jedi Outcast challange. Gateway.com should have all info and all that junk. I frankly love jedi knight II. but man, this is not even going to be all of a challange. first of all, it's not against each other, you are pitted against 16 bots in the temple map, FFA.

the goal. Kill 12 bots before the bots kill each other 12 times. whoever does it the fastest wins. the rankings will be posted etc.

Game Play: The objective of the game will be to eliminate 12 computer-generated opponents in the shortest time possible. Players will get two sessions per play and will receive a time for each session. Players must eliminate 12 opponents before one of the computer generated opponents. If a computer-generated opponent eliminates 12 other computer generated characters before the player a time of zero will be recorded for that particular session. Players can play one game per day composing of two sessions. Players will receive a time for each session they play and will be ranked based on their best times. The following configuration will be used for tournament play;

Weapons will be on and force power will be limited to padawan. which isn't going to effect much considering a simple backwards slash at Med stance will kill atleast 2-3 around you. run for the rocket in the middle of the arena nuke two, pick up there dropped rocket, pick off any other loose ones. jump to the tower to get the sentry gun, drop it off and go for the sniper rifle. you should get atleast one off the sentry and atleast 3 off the sniper rifle. seems simple enough. and the bots will be on padawan aswell so it's not like they will be smart. I clocked myself at 100 kills in 23 minutes game time. I'm still not sure I will go though. I dunno about you, but I would much rather have a dueling map or a CTF ranking match. something that pits you against another human.

Well if you guys wanna sign up. gateway.com should have a lot of the info as it kicks off this weekend and goes on for atleast a week or so. good luck.
Old 06-21-02, 05:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yikes, Jack, it looks like you already have this thing plotted out! I guess the challenge will be doing it faster than anyone else... including everyone else who has plotted out their fastest way to 16 kills.

I miss the Blockbuster Video Game Challenge, or whatever they called it... back in the day, there was some challenge involving three games, I think... Clay Fighters (dang, remember that game, with Mr. Frosty?! ), NBA Jam, and... something else. You played against someone else instead of just vs. the computer. I still remember that guy bombing 3-pointer after 3-pointer to stomp me, instead of going inside for the slam dunk like I was prone to.
Old 06-21-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
I miss the Blockbuster Video Game Challenge, or whatever they called it... back in the day, there was some challenge involving three games, I think... Clay Fighters (dang, remember that game, with Mr. Frosty?! ), NBA Jam, and... something else. You played against someone else instead of just vs. the computer. I still remember that guy bombing 3-pointer after 3-pointer to stomp me, instead of going inside for the slam dunk like I was prone to.
I was that guy! I loved NBA Jam, and whenever I played someone else I would always rain 3's on them instead of going for the showy dunks. People always hated me for that. Man I miss those days.