Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

so I traded the GC for an Xbox...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, but everytime I turn around I hear about the next great Mario game.
Maybe it's just me, but that seems to say something about Nintendo's ability to make quality games.
Old 06-17-02, 10:15 AM

Geez....what have I done? :-)

For me, the decision was pretty simple. I don't care about past successes and failures. I don't care which company is bigger or richer. The reason I sold the GC and bought the Xbox was simple. Wanna hear it?

For me it's all about the GAMES.
I looked at all the games that are currently out for each system. I looked at all the games that are coming out over the next year for each system. Xbox had lots of games I'm REALLY interested in, GC had exactly zero games that I want. I'd already played Super Monkey Ball and Rogue Leader to death, and that was it. Contrary to popular opinion, E3 was the turning point in my disinterest for Metroid and Zelda. I saw that neither looked like anything that would really draw me in. I have no doubt that they'll be good games that will sell a zillion copies to rabid Nintendo fans, but the fact remains that there are great games even for systems I own that I have no interest in playing. Why should I hold out for games that might be good but that I'm not interested in? My decision was easy, go where the games I want to play are at. That's Xbox. I should have bought it to begin with, but mistakes are made, I'm just lucky I got out when I did and got a decent amount of money for my stuff.

For the record, EB pays $40 trade in credit for a GBA, and $110 for a GC.
Old 06-17-02, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dek

True, but everytime I turn around I hear about the next great Mario game. What's next, Mario hockey? Mario Football? Mario Basketball?

I may end up buying Metroid Prime, other than that, Nintendo will see 0 cash from me. While everyone is playing Mario or Wario, I'll be playing Ghost Recon, X-Men Wolverines Revenge, Dead To Rights, Dropship, Kingdom Hearts, Medal Of Honor, Reign Of Fire, Rygar, 2 Superman Titles, Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic, and many others.
The Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Mario Party lines are completely different from the regular Super Mario line. Those games are essentially the Nintendo B List.

The Super Mario line is the flagship, and includes Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine, which is six titles in 20 years, plus a couple of game boy games. Every one of these games is a classic.

That's hardly an endless series of rehashes. Resident Evil is coming out with its 5th game since 1997 and Tomb Raider is coming out with it's 5th game since 1996. Talk about milking a franchise.

Of of your list, X-Men, Superman, Reign of Fire, and Rygar are all more or less B list titles, and Dropship has been in development forever, and still looks ugly. If you pass up Mario, Star Fox, or Metroid for those games, well, that's pretty dumb, but enjoy them I guess.
Old 06-17-02, 11:30 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tamrok

GCN may be getting more support than N64 but it hasn't gotten as much support as the Xbox to date (which I'm well aware of since I've had a hard time finding games to play on my Gamecube). As of today, Xbox has 70 games available while Gamecube has 50. That's 29% fewer games. Definitely not "at least as much as the Xbox."

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I had a line in that I deleted and forgot to retype it.

I meant the GCN and X-box have about the same number of quality, exclusive third party titles. Sheer number doesn't matter, as there are 10 crappy third party games for every good one, and 5 crappy ones for every mediocre one.

The PS2 has the most third party support. It has the most killer third party games, the most mediocre third party games, and the most crappy third party games.

The GCN and X-box have about the same number of killer third party games (very few on both), the X-box has a few more mediocre third party games and many more crappy third party games.

However, the X-box is still lacking a third party killer app along the lines of Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or Resident Evil.
Old 06-17-02, 11:33 AM
Retired

Originally posted by gr8vette

Sure I can... Splinter Cell for the Xbox... Extended Play shows both this week and Splinter Cell is just drop dead good!!! It has shadow effects as good as Doom3!!!!
It's not exclusive though. It's coming to the GCN and maybe PS2 as well.
Old 06-17-02, 11:52 AM
Banned

This thread has gotten out of hand.

Let me make some points that should allow it to end.

-The originator of this thread didn't like those games for Gamecube, and liked the ones coming out for X-Box. So he switched systems.

-Scandal thinks this person is stupid because he doesn't like those games.

-I was a Sega-Saturn diehard.

-Someone said that New Beetle sells itself, when in fact it is selling less and less and is doing quite poorly for VW now. Something they are looking to drastically turn around.

-Someone actually said that Sony products are "sleek" and "cool" with a straight face.

-It was somehow forgotton that Gamecube isn't tearing up the charts in Japan. Selling a couple thousand more every week than Xbox (what is the ratio, 3000 xboxs and 5000 gamecubes out the door a weak? compared to 30,000 ps2's?)

-It was also forgotten that Xbox is selling better than Gamecube in America.

-Poland beat America in the World Cup.

-PS2 looks like "monolith" from 2001, so go buy it.

-The ugly green jewel on the top of XBox keeps people from buying it.

That about sums it up?
Old 06-17-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by YujiNaka

Let me make some points that should allow it to end.

-Someone said that New Beetle sells itself, when in fact it is selling less and less and is doing quite poorly for VW now. Something they are looking to drastically turn around.

That about sums it up?
Way to keep on subject

Oh yeh, Xbox is the bizzzomb.

That sums it up!
Old 06-17-02, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ScandalUMD

It seems to me that Microsoft is betting the Xbox farm on Xbox Live.

As for the graphics, Resident Evil is the best looking game I've ever seen on any platform, so the hardware advantages of the XBox are marginal at best. If, indeed, the XBox has the ability to produce significantly better graphics than the other consoles, no developer has yet bothered to take advantage of those abilities, and, it appears that most developers are progtamming for PS2, and maybe porting to XBox with marginal improvements to some of the textures.

As far as making Microsoft out as "the home team," this is a company that's about as cuddly as a tarantula. I don't think hostility towards America is causing the XBox to suffer, because it's suffering in Europe and Australia as well as Japan. Heck, it's suffering in America. I think an awful lot of people just flat out don't like Microsoft.

Companies like to have an image, regardless of whether they're Sony or Microsoft or McDonalds or UPS. Look at commercials. Many times they don't even explicitly try to sell you a product. They merely try to associate the product with a certain attitude or philosophy. This is especially true of magazine ads and billboards.

Think about Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, and the immediate associations you make with each.

Sony's image revolves around sleekness and coolness. They started this with the Walkman, and have cultivated it in all of their product lines. They transferred this over to videogames, long a geek pastime, and legitimised gaming as a hobby with the PS1.

The Nintendo keyword is "fun." They sell products in bright colors, and make their products look like toys. They sold the N64 as "The Fun Machine," and they hammer it home in every speech and press conference at the game shows.

What do you think of when you think of Microsoft? Geek? Monopoly? Evil? This is a company that hasn't bothered to build an image, because they've been too busy bludgeoning everybody else. Now they're up against two competitors who are too big to push around, and nobody wants to buy their product because everybody hates Microsoft.

Look at the three consoles, superficially. The PS2 embodies the Sony philosophy. It's sleek. It's cool. It looks like the monolith from "2001."

Look at the Gamecube. It's small and cute. It looks fun. What ultimately pushed me over the edge to buying this, besides the price drop, was that whenever I saw one, I just wanted to own this. Gamecube sells itself the same way the Volkswagen New Beetle sells itself.

Look at the XBox. It looks like a VCR. and it has a big ugly lime-green "gem" on it. I know a few home theater enthusiasts like that it looks like an HT component, but there's nothing about the thing that inspires lust in a consumer. Looking at the thing inspires apathy. You don't hold the thing in your hand and say "this is cool." And that may seem superfluous, but it affects sales.

Most people will never hook component video cables up to their consoles. Many will never plug it into a 5.1 Home Theater. Most people can't really see the graphical benefits of one of the next gen consoles over the others. They probably couldn't tell a Dreamcast game from an XBox game. The immediate negative association most people have regarding Microsoft triggers when they go to choose between PS2 and Xbox. Every time Windows bluescreens, that hurts Xbox. Every nasty antitrust article hurts Xbox.
Now here's someone with their finger on the pulse of the gaming industry... right? riiiiiiiiight.
Old 06-17-02, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

True, but the US advanced anyway. Then beat Mexico, and are in the final 8 teams of the world cup. Amazing!
Old 06-17-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

-Scandal thinks this person is stupid because he doesn't like those games.

-Someone actually said that Sony products are "sleek" and "cool" with a straight face.

-It was somehow forgotton that Gamecube isn't tearing up the charts in Japan. Selling a couple thousand more every week than Xbox (what is the ratio, 3000 xboxs and 5000 gamecubes out the door a weak? compared to 30,000 ps2's?)

-It was also forgotten that Xbox is selling better than Gamecube in America.

-PS2 looks like "monolith" from 2001, so go buy it.

-The ugly green jewel on the top of XBox keeps people from buying it.

Allrighty. First, I don't know anything about the sales of the New Beetle, and I don't really care. I look for different things in a car than in a game console, and I think the New Beetle looks like a giant M&M. I was merely comparing the "cute" appeal of the Gamecube to the "cute" appeal of the VW.

Second, I didn't say anybody was stupid.

Third, you had better believe image sells products. Why do you think companies spend so much money associating their products with a specific lifestyle, or with the fulfillment of needs consumers know the product cannot meet by the definition of the thing?

The image explanation is simply a counter argument to the notion that XBox's failure overseas is some sort of affront to America. It's great to rally around the flag, but I can't imagine anybody wanting to wave it for Microsoft.

The fact is, gaming is now a mainstream pastime, and the PS2 controls the mainstream. That's why it's got 30 million units sold. If people who read Gamespot and IGN everyday actually determined what succeeded and what failed, PS2 probably wouldn't have sold out its launch, and Dreamcast would still be alive and kicking.

Considering all the endless ranting on these forums about "Joe Six Pack" and his ignorance, I'm shocked that it's not considered conventional wisdom that many people do not base their purchases on informed decisions.

It's really simple. A lot of people like Sony. A lot of people like Nintendo. A lot of people hate Microsoft. This hurts Xbox.

As for the Gamecube, I believe their sell-through as of May was 4.8 million. Microsoft hopes to ship 3 million by the end of June. Sell-through numbers and shipped numbers are different things; there are probably at least half a million of each console sitting on shelves around the world. Once Mario comes out, I think Gamecube sales will really pick up. The people who got PS2 two years ago and might consider a second console yet will definitely be looking at Gamecube's low price and the uber-exclusives this holiday season.

Mainstream consumers may never see a comparison of tech specs, and even if they do, most consumers wouldn't understand what the numbers mean. People make purchases based on abstract reputations which companies build by having cool logos, cool looking products, and cool ads. People make purchases based on the appearance of products.

And Microsoft is uncool and the Xbox is ugly. That's going to hurt its sales a lot more than anti-American sentiment.
Old 06-17-02, 09:35 PM
Retired

Mainstream consumers may never see a comparison of tech specs, and even if they do, most consumers wouldn't understand what the numbers mean. People make purchases based on abstract reputations which companies build by having cool logos, cool looking products, and cool ads. People make purchases based on the appearance of products.

And Microsoft is uncool and the Xbox is ugly. That's going to hurt its sales a lot more than anti-American sentiment.
That's definitely true. The average casual gamer is pretty ignorant as to tech specs. They don't care about hardware specs, features etc. Name/brand recognition is the first thing that sells them on a console.

So it's not that Microsoft is uncool or the X-box is ugly that lessens it's appeal to casual gamers who really know nothing about the gaming industry or tech specs. It's that MS is a newcomer in the gaming industry.

Nintendo is the biggest name in the industry to casual gamers. To many "Nintendo" is synonomous with "video games." Hell some called me this afternoon while I was playing Final Fantasy X on the PS2 and when they asked what I was doing, I said "Just playing Nintendo."

The Playstation name is beginning to gain this same kind of recognition after being the leading system the last two generations.

Of course none of this means the X-box won't be successful, it's just makes it more of an uphill battle to sell it to casual, joe six packs

When they head to Wal-mart to pick up a video game system what are they going to grab? A brand they recognize like Nintendo or Playstation with games they know like Mario, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc. or the Microsoft X-box with games like Halo.

It's a no-brainer for them -- literally and figuratively.

Again this isn't something MS can overcome, but it is a big obsacle and IMO makes more since than silly notions like MS being evil, the X-box being ugly, etc. I don't think these matter much to the joe six packs either. They just go by the name they know, and MS and X-box isn't yet associated with video games.
Old 06-17-02, 10:41 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dek

I may end up buying Metroid Prime, other than that, Nintendo will see 0 cash from me. While everyone is playing Mario or Wario, I'll be playing Ghost Recon, X-Men Wolverines Revenge, Dead To Rights, Dropship, Kingdom Hearts, Medal Of Honor, Reign Of Fire, Rygar, 2 Superman Titles, Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic, and many others.
Hey I may disagree with you (more of an understatement than you'll ever know), but I certainly see where you are coming from. Alot of the so called big titles in the past and other upcoming ones in the future don't interest me at all. The Metal Gear series, Gran Turismo series, Blinx, Splinter Cell and Clancy series, Halo, Final Fantasy, Brute Force, Xbox Live (or anything else "online"), and various other things could interest me less. The only games that aren't on the GC that I drool over but will do without is the Grand Theft Auto series, Shenmue, and Shinobi. So I can understand someone not being interested in the least bit by Zelda (best series ever in my opinion), Mario, Metroid, and other Nintendo games of the like. Now for me, give me a Nintendo original to play until my arthritic hands can no longer grasp a controller.
Old 06-17-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joshhinkle
They just go by the name they know, and MS and X-box isn't yet associated with video games.
When was the last time you were in a mall? XBox ads are plastered everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I have kids of all ages come to my house all the time (my sis runs a daycare for a womens shelter) and the first words out of their mouths is invariably "You have an XBox?" They may end up playing the Cube but they always ask about the Box 1st. Especially with the younger kids. Its like a generic brand name almost.
Old 06-17-02, 11:20 PM
Banned

Don't know why you think XBox isn't cool for joe-six pack. I know quite a few people in my fraternity and that I Am friends with that aren't big gamers but want the XBox because it has

a) the best graphics
b) its the newest thing on the block

None of them considered the Gamecube because "it was too kiddie." While I don't think so (I do want a Gamecube), you can't say Joe Six pack doesnt.

And thats your opinion that the Xbox is ugly. I think it is quite awesome looking, and think a purple little box with a handle is ugly. I don't need a handle on my videogame system, as I don't often pick it up to move aorund like a briefcase. I guess alot of videogamers do?!

There are 5 big games for Nintendo. And they will be released every couple months for the next year or two. One of those big games will be delayed for a long time, it always happens with them.

I think PS2 will begin to show its age quickly, and people will upgrade to an XBox. Thats what alot of people I know are doing, and thats what the people at EB and Gamestop told me people were doing.

Mind you, joe six pack doesnt own 2 videogame systems, he owns one that he plays. So he wont have a PS2 and a Gamecube sitting side by side. He will own a PS2 and then play it, or get rid of it for another system, most likely an Xbox.

You confuse Joe-six pack and yourself, me thinks.
-Jim
Old 06-17-02, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You confuse Joe-six pack and yourself, me thinks.
-Jim
I dont know if that was directed at Scandal or Josh but neither of them are casual/uninformed gamers.

Last edited by joltaddict; 06-18-02 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-18-02, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Joe Six-pack owns a PS2. There's no arguing that.
Old 06-18-02, 01:17 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA

The Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Mario Party lines are completely different from the regular Super Mario line. Those games are essentially the Nintendo B List.
Still a Mario game. Period.

The Super Mario line is the flagship, and includes Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine, which is six titles in 20 years, plus a couple of game boy games. Every one of these games is a classic.
Great. I've played most of them. Mario was fun in the early 80's to me

That's hardly an endless series of rehashes. Resident Evil is coming out with its 5th game since 1997 and Tomb Raider is coming out with it's 5th game since 1996. Talk about milking a franchise.
And its why I won't be buying either of those titles. I haven't liked either of those games since they were first released.

Of of your list, X-Men, Superman, Reign of Fire, and Rygar are all more or less B list titles, and Dropship has been in development forever, and still looks ugly. If you pass up Mario, Star Fox, or Metroid for those games, well, that's pretty dumb, but enjoy them I guess.
Duh, I said I may buy Metroid, but I guarantee I will pass Mario up. If that makes me dumb, oh well. I'll have 50 more times more fun playing all of those B list titles than playing Mario or most of the Nintendo rehashes from the past. It was fun back in 86, I'd like to think I have advanced somewhat as a gamer.
Old 06-18-02, 01:25 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Second, I didn't say anybody was stupid.
No, you basically call them dumb when they don't agree with your gaming preferences.

Stick with Nintendo, I have all 3 consoles plus my PC to keep me happy.
Old 06-18-02, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dek
[B]

Still a Mario game. Period.

[b]

Great. I've played most of them. Mario was fun in the early 80's to me

[b]

And its why I won't be buying either of those titles. I haven't liked either of those games since they were first released.

Duh, I said I may buy Metroid, but I guarantee I will pass Mario up. If that makes me dumb, oh well. I'll have 50 more times more fun playing all of those B list titles than playing Mario or most of the Nintendo rehashes from the past. It was fun back in 86, I'd like to think I have advanced somewhat as a gamer.
Mario Golf may be "still a Mario game" but it's a completely different thing. For starters, the golf and tennis games are developed externally, while the platformers, which are few and far between, come out of the Nintendo EAD team, which is widely recognized as the finest developer on the planet. But believe whatever you want.

Anyway, I don't know how you can be sure you will have 50 times more fun with those games, especially when you're skeptical about Nintendo's flagships, which, along with Blizzard's and id's, are essentially guaranteed to be great.

Superman doesn't exactly have a good gaming pedigree. The new games will probably be better, but that doesn't mean they'll be good. It's worth noting that the development team's history consists solely of a mediocre cart racing game for the Dreamcast based on "Wacky Races." If a title ever sounded cut-rate, it's "Superman: Shadow of Apokolips"

The Wolverine game out of Genepool studios, which has made exactly nothing. Spider-Man came from the experienced Treyarch team, and it was still mediocre, so Wolverine is hardly a guaranteed hit. If you love Wolverine, you can probably delude yourself into liking the game regardless of how it turns out, but it won't be 50 times more fun than Mario.

Dropship has gotten mediocre reviews. Reign of Fire is from the same folks, and is a movie license game from a developer with a history of mediocrity. Ghost Recon got bad reviews on PC.

Rygar looks very good, and I'll probably get it if it lives up to its promise, but you're putting it against some of the best games around. Medal of Honor is also good, but you should probably be done with it by the time Mario comes out.

lessee... Dead to Rights looks like a Max Payne rip-off... looks questionable, but might come out good. Probably won't come out great.

Kingdom Hearts looks good. I'm conflicted myself. I know it's good, and I like Square, but I'm not sure I want to play a game starring Goofy. Star Wars: Knights looks good if you like Star Wars.

All in all, a pretty unimpressive list of alternatives to a game everybody seems to be drooling over. I was a little skeptical about the graphics in Mario, but all the game site editors who have played it seemed to love it anyway, and they're pretty jaded about games. Also, I watched some of the videos and it looks better in action, because the water looks good, and the animation is excellent.

If you want to skip Mario, do what you like. You should have gone ahead and skipped the Gamecube as well though, if you don't like Mario and Zelda. I don't know why you bought it.
Old 06-18-02, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Kellehair
Joe Six-pack owns a PS2. There's no arguing that.
EVERYBODY owns a PS2.
Old 06-18-02, 07:17 AM

Someone mentioned that the Gamecube made "record profits." It was my understanding that they were making a few bucks per console at the $200 price point, and that they are currently loosing a few bucks per console at the $150 price point. How does this translate into record profits? And what meaningful records has it broke - it seems to be selling poorly.

the XBox will be of no interest to anyone who hasn't got broadband.
Are you serious?

Last edited by agent2099; 06-18-02 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-18-02, 07:19 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Mario Golf may be "still a Mario game" but it's a completely different thing. For starters, the golf and tennis games are developed externally, while the platformers, which are few and far between, come out of the Nintendo EAD team, which is widely recognized as the finest developer on the planet. But believe whatever you want.
We can sit here and argue until were blue in the face, its a Mario game period. If it was Lara Croft's Golf, I'd be saying its another Tomb Raider game.

Anyway, I don't know how you can be sure you will have 50 times more fun with those games, especially when you're skeptical about Nintendo's flagships, which, along with Blizzard's and id's, are essentially guaranteed to be great.
Its simple, I know I won't like Mario. I found it fun back when it first came out, now I don't. Nothing is guaranteed, well maybe to you. It seems that whatever Nintendo does its going to be good for you and it should be for everyone else, sorry, doesn't work that way for me.

Superman doesn't exactly have a good gaming pedigree. The new games will probably be better, but that doesn't mean they'll be good. It's worth noting that the development team's history consists solely of a mediocre cart racing game for the Dreamcast based on "Wacky Races." If a title ever sounded cut-rate, it's "Superman: Shadow of Apokolips"
I really don't care if it doesn't have a good gaming pedigree, the games interest me. I think one of the main things here is the games interest me, and a whole lot of other people. It is very obvious where your loyalties are. I really could give 2 $hits about Mario or Starfox, and to me, Nintendo doesn't have the best games and very rarely has ever had the best games. Its a ridiculous argument. I heard the same thing from Sega fans about how Sega is the best at this and that. Who cares. I want to play good games period, not be a fanboy to a certain system.

but it won't be 50 times more fun than Mario.
Maybe to you. To me it will be. I'll have as much fun playing Mario as I would watching grass grow.

[/quote]
Dropship has gotten mediocre reviews. Reign of Fire is from the same folks, and is a movie license game from a developer with a history of mediocrity. Ghost Recon got bad reviews on PC.

Rygar looks very good, and I'll probably get it if it lives up to its promise, but you're putting it against some of the best games around. Medal of Honor is also good, but you should probably be done with it by the time Mario comes out.

lessee... Dead to Rights looks like a Max Payne rip-off... looks questionable, but might come out good. Probably won't come out great.

I was a little skeptical about the graphics in Mario, but all the game site editors who have played it seemed to love it anyway, and they're pretty jaded about games. Also, I watched some of the videos and it looks better in action, because the water looks good, and the animation is excellent.
[/quote]

Great, I trust reviews to be worth nothing. The water looks great? Whoop de doo. Nintendo could drop a turd and I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be praising that too.

Kingdom Hearts looks good. I'm conflicted myself. I know it's good, and I like Square, but I'm not sure I want to play a game starring Goofy.
Lemme get this straight, you don't want to play a game starring Goofy, but your jizzing here over Mario? Color me confused.

Star Wars: Knights looks good if you like Star Wars.
I do, and so I should enjoy it, although I pretty much hated Obi Wan.

All in all, a pretty unimpressive list of alternatives to a game everybody seems to be drooling over.
Not everyone.

If you want to skip Mario, do what you like. You should have gone ahead and skipped the Gamecube as well though, if you don't like Mario and Zelda. I don't know why you bought it.
I will skip it, and I'm asking myself the same thing. Rogue Leader won't be holding up much longer, so the GC will go in the closet and collect dust until a game that interests me comes out.
Old 06-18-02, 07:20 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by agent2099

Are you serious?
I don't have broadband, yet I have a X-Box. Hrmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-18-02, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How could someone not like Mario? The games are unquestionably fun.

Ghost Recon got bad reviews on PC.
That's just not true. Not only did it get great reviews but it also won IGNPC's Game of the Year Award as well as many other accolades.
Old 06-18-02, 07:54 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kellehair
How could someone not like Mario? The games are unquestionably fun.
Easy, different tastes. What may be fun or good to others, may not be to someone else. Just like I only eat Pepperoni pizza. Combination may be good, or may be the best to you, but I don't like it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.