Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

AxisPad review

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AxisPad review

Hi,

I was looking at a gamepad for my PC and came across the AxisPad. It works on PC or Mac through the USB slot and has the dual analog sticks with button layout similar to the Playstation controllers. It seemed like a good deal at $19.99, but I wanted to get some reviews of it before I buy it.

I want to use it primarily for GTA3 and right now I have the Sidewinder with the digital pad. It's okay but I'd prefer analog sticks.

Any one have (or used) the AxisPad? How does it hold up during play? Is it easy to set up and install?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-18-02, 04:03 PM

That's odd. A friend of mine was looking at the same controller. He didn't know what to make of it either.
Old 06-19-02, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the AxisPad and I think it's great for console games on the PC. I bought it primarily for Tony Hawk 3 and Spiderman but also use it for Starfighter. Nice and responsive, solid build, fits my hands great.

The drivers are nice but they have a quirk in that if you customize the settings they wont save when you reboot. No big deal, you just have to remember that before playing a game.

For $20, it's nice. It was between this and a PSX converter, but I'm glad I bought the AxisPad. You can find them on Ebay for around $15, if you can wait.

Jeremy
Old 06-19-02, 10:24 AM

Would it be possible to set up the AxisPad to use a HALO-like control scheme (L stick for movement R stick to look/aim) on Jedi Knight 2? I picked up JK2, but have never really got the hang of the mouse/keyboard thing (I know… I can hear the screams of blasphemy from all of the hardcore PC gamers and I love the Halo xbox controller setup.

Is this possible, and if so how well will it work? If it works, I will run out and pick this up today.