Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Blue Magic (In FF9) Is It Worth It?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 06-16-02, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, so I'm playing Final Fantasy 9 and I'm on my way to Burmecia and I just got Quina. I was wondering if it's worth getting Blue Magic spells for him/her (?) because it's a real pain in the butt to try and hurt an enemy enough for Quina to "eat" it and gain a spell. In general, I don't particularly like Blue Magic in the FF series because I never know what's good to get and it's never worth the effort involved, particularly when you have a Black Mage to cast offensive spells for you.

So I'm asking, is it worth it for me to try and get Quina spells or should I just forget about the whole Blue Magic thing? Thanks.
Old 06-16-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Forget it. I don't think there's many, if any, instances where you need to use Quina.
Old 06-16-02, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't bother. If you happen to pick up a few blue spells from enemies on the way, great. But I wouldn't devote too much time to it, unless you're one of those hardcore FF completists that just have to have every single thing in the game. You can easily beat the game without Blue magic spells.
Old 06-16-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue magic has always bored me, FF9 being no exception.
Old 06-17-02, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found blue magic to be very useful, but I guess I'm in the minority. Especially "angel's snack", "magic hammer" and "frog drop". If you have the right blue magic, you don't need other characters for healing or offensive spells, I found my best party to be Zidane, Quina, Freya and either Steiner or Dagger.

FF9 is a great game. I just finished it, an a year or something when I forget everything, I'll play it again.
Old 06-17-02, 03:34 AM

You wouldn't happen to remember which enemies you have to eat in order to get all those good spells, would you Crazy Aoshi?

I guess I could always wade my way through a FAQ...