Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Question about PS2 college basketball games

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Question about PS2 college basketball games

20 minutes ago I bought a PS2 and can't wait to start playing some games. I do have a question about the two NCAA basketball games out there (EA Sports and 989 Sports). Do either of them allow you to play as the University of Richmond Spiders? Just curious. Thanks.
Old 06-07-02, 05:55 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about Richmond, but both those games stink. I believe Sega is releasing a College Basketball game this fall. Their NBA 2K series is considered by most to be the best basketball sims ever, so I'd dig around and see if you can find more about their college offering this fall, if you can wait.
Old 06-07-02, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldn't find University of Richmond in EA March madness 2002 but there's a Create-a-School option. Don't know about the 989 one.
Old 06-07-02, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by joshhinkle
Not sure about Richmond, but both those games stink. I believe Sega is releasing a College Basketball game this fall. Their NBA 2K series is considered by most to be the best basketball sims ever, so I'd dig around and see if you can find more about their college offering this fall, if you can wait.

Yeah NBA 2k2 rocks, can't wait for 2k3. In 2k4 they're going to make it like ESPN and get EPSN commentators, Sega signed a deal with them but couldn't implement it in time for 2k3.
Old 06-07-02, 06:48 PM
Suspended

wasnt nba 2k2 just released a few months ago? When is 2k3 coming out?
Old 06-07-02, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I'm in no rush, so I can wait. Since Richmond (my alma mater) finally moved to a midmajor conference - Atlantic 10 - last season, I had high hopes that I could finally play as them on a video game.

From a gaming perspective, it must be great to go to a school with a huge sports program.
Old 06-08-02, 02:49 AM

Originally posted by DJLinus
Thanks for the heads-up, guys. I'm in no rush, so I can wait. Since Richmond (my alma mater) finally moved to a midmajor conference - Atlantic 10 - last season, I had high hopes that I could finally play as them on a video game.

From a gaming perspective, it must be great to go to a school with a huge sports program.

Yes my school has no football team and nobody really goes to watch much sporting events.
Old 06-09-02, 04:07 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad they don't have college track and field games... my school would be ranked #1 on a yearly basis if there was one!
Old 06-10-02, 10:20 AM
Cat

Avoid the EA Sports college basketball game at all costs! You can't even play a season on it! You have the choice of playing one game or a tournament and that is it. Hopefully Sega will do much better with their NCAA license.

Cat