Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Multi-Platform Releases?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-02, 02:11 PM
fab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi-Platform Releases?

Since I just purchased an XBOX, I've completed my trifecta of consoles in which games are currently being released. Of course this means that I have my pick of any game out there, which is awesome.

There is a problem and a question, however, when it comes to releases that are released for every platform: Which release is the best version?

I'm kind of putting together a list of multi-platform releases and which release is better for which system, or does one game's release on one platform have more features than another platform? As I was doing it I thought that someone may have already done this.. anyone know where I can find such a list and if not, is anyone else interested in such a list?

--
fab
Old 05-20-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XBOX!
Old 05-20-02, 02:21 PM
Mod Emeritus

Re: Multi-Platform Releases?

Originally posted by fab
Since I just purchased an XBOX, I've completed my trifecta of consoles in which games are currently being released. Of course this means that I have my pick of any game out there, which is awesome.

There is a problem and a question, however, when it comes to releases that are released for every platform: Which release is the best version?

I'm kind of putting together a list of multi-platform releases and which release is better for which system, or does one game's release on one platform have more features than another platform? As I was doing it I thought that someone may have already done this.. anyone know where I can find such a list and if not, is anyone else interested in such a list?

--
fab
90% of the time, the Xbox will have the best release. This is especially true in games like Tony Hawk 3, and SSX Tricky (Amped is better though).

Reasons for this are because it loads faster, and you can make your own soundtrack, and better graphics/sound as well.
Old 05-20-02, 03:08 PM

They have also been putting extra levels in some of the xbox games too
Old 05-20-02, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although Xbox is usually the best, I will say for me personally, not always.

SSX tricky hit PS2 first, one point. The four shoulder buttons are better for tricks than the Xbox controller, two points. Xbox version did not support custom soundtracks, three points for the PS2 that makes it my favorite platform for THAT game. I also prefered THPS3 on the PS2.

However, games like Star Wars Starfighter had a lot of extra content on the Xbox version, making it far better there (although a year behind).

I think we will start to see more and more titles released simultaneously though, and therefore without extra content. Typically Xbox will be better (i.e. Max Payne) but not always enough to make it THE choice.
Old 05-20-02, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by boobietheclown
XBOX!
Not true at all. It really depends on what system the game was developed and who does the porting. Tekken 4 was built on the arcade version of the PS2. No matter what system it gets ported to, it will still run the best on the PS2. Also, if the people who are porting the game don't know what they are doing, they can really screw a game up. The PS2 is more powerful then the DC, but the port of Crazy Taxi was terrible.