Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Got an xbox question now (because of price cut)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'm forcing myself to get one. One question-Do is support online games yet? (and if so, which ones?) (and if not, which ones in the future?) *(how about broadband?, does it support that?) That's my one question and I'm sticking to it.
Old 05-15-02, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It has everything built in for now.
However, MS has not launched their own form of online service yet. If you are very ambitious though, there are guides detailing how to use your current broadband connection, a hub and computer to get yourself online with Halo. I have not done it, so I am unsure how it all works. But, both Sony and MS should have their online plans kicking in soon enough, especially after E3, as we will most likely see announcements of many online games.
Old 05-15-02, 02:20 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by outer-edge
It has everything built in for now.
However, MS has not launched their own form of online service yet. If you are very ambitious though, there are guides detailing how to use your current broadband connection, a hub and computer to get yourself online with Halo. I have not done it, so I am unsure how it all works. But, both Sony and MS should have their online plans kicking in soon enough, especially after E3, as we will most likely see announcements of many online games.
You don't need a hub and it's not that difficult. The easiest way is to go through gamespy software to do it. There are also a couple of other games that support it unofficially although their names aren't coming to me off the top of my head.
Old 05-15-02, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think pretty much all the Xbox games that support System Link will work through the Gamespy software.
Old 05-15-02, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
You're going to need to buy an Ethernet Router eventually.
Old 05-16-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig

You don't need a hub and it's not that difficult. The easiest way is to go through gamespy software to do it. There are also a couple of other games that support it unofficially although their names aren't coming to me off the top of my head.

How do you do it without a hub?