Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Resident Evil Help Thread (Spoilers)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-02, 11:31 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're stuck, or have a general question, post it here.

I'll begin with a question of my own.

Crimson heads- how do you get rid of them? Do you just shoot them until they stop getting up, or do you have to burn or decapitate them?

I've ran into a couple of these I'd like to get rid of without wasting my time. I've been pretty good about burning zombies and just leaving some alone, but theres a few I had to "kill" and didn't have any kerosene handy.
Old 05-09-02, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else think this is not a good idea? You are going to have to read through tons of spoilers just to see if your problem has been answered. A better idea is to just visit...

GameFAQs

and post individual questions on the forums when they arrise. The people who put up the guides basically go through all details of the game and rarely can't solve your problem.
Old 05-09-02, 11:40 PM
Retired

We can use spoiler tags when appropriate. Those faqs have the same problem, you always see more than you want.
Old 05-10-02, 10:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Crimson Heads:
Spoiler:
You can't burn them with the kerosene since they don't stay down long enough (learned this the hard way). You have to blow off their head. This isn't the easiest thing to do so you have to decide if they are worth killing or if you can avoid that area/run away from them.

Later in the game there will be another way to take them down.
Old 05-10-02, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
best way to deal with crimsons is not to deal with them at all. try to burn the bodies after killing the zombie so that they wont turn.
Old 05-10-02, 02:35 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
best way to deal with crimsons is not to deal with them at all. try to burn the bodies after killing the zombie so that they wont turn.
There's only so much kerosene to go around. Plus with the lame inventory system it's a pain to carry the gas can and lighter around all the time.

Groucho

Spoiler:
I did burn one crimson head, I just had to shoot it down several times, before it stayed down long enough to be burnt. I was just curious if there was an easier way, as I have one in a place I need to get through that ripped me up last night right before I quit.
Old 05-10-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had trouble with the crimson heads too, sometimes you just have to get past a zombie and the only way is to kill them I finally got out of that area I was having trouble in the beginning. You can dodge them if your really good, when you see them lift up their arm to slash you you can run around the side if your lucky, but it doesn't always work. Anyway, one way to get rid of Crimson heads if you are playing Jill

Spoiler:
is that eventually you'll find a grenade launcher and Incendiary shells. These shells explode and fry zombies, which is pretty helpful because it burns up the crimsons once and for all. Unfortunately there's only 6 shots so use them wisely. I think i got the shells from barry after meeting up with him after awhile. That way you don't have to carry around both the kerosene and the lighter. Or you can just run and kill the crimson, light them up, and run back to the save point and switch your weapons. Something I should have done but messed up was to secure the save room and item box, I had 2 crimsons outside the one in the top left corner of the map outside the save room, and as you can imagine it was a frantic and tough time getting in and out of there.