Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

This Time I'm Not Letting Anything Stop Me, Going To Make A Videogame Site...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-02, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. You all remember my post about four months ago, saying that I was going to make a videogame website. Ok, so maybe some of you don't, maybe even MOST of you don't. But the truth is: I posted a message on this very board stating that I wanted to make a videogame site, and I had a lot of you interested, so things were looking good.

Well, then we hit a major bump in our road. Talk of my videogame website turned into what was going to become "videogametalk.com," which was fine by me because all I wanted was a GOOD videogame site to go to, and oh ya....AN HONEST ONE. So if VGtalk would have happened, I'd of been fit as a fiddle.

But it didn't.

It's been four months, and nothing. Well I'm not going to take it anymore. I want this website started, and I want it started now. I have plenty of financial backing for the domain and hosting services, etc. But here's what I need help with, and I'm asking all of you video game junkies (like me) to come help....

Website Designer - I have very limited skills when it comes to developing a website. So if someone out there actually has skills, then I'd appreciate their help.

Objective and Honest (And oh yeah, talented ) Reviewers - Everyone wants to be a video game reviewer. Some want to do it to get their opinions out in the world, but some want to do it just to get free video games. Well, I'm not interested in the latter. I need people who are talented, honest, and objective. My website will NOT sell out, no matter what, and I need dedicated people there to make sure that it won't.

Opinion Columnists - Here's where you can do whatever you want essentially. Are you one of those "fanboys?" Well then that's not a problem as long as you're writing an OPINION column. Don't let your lack of vision show in our reviews, but you can write whatever you want in our editorials.

Those are the three main spots I'm looking for people to fill right now. Just so you know, there will be no real rewards for your services at the start, but when our site gets rolling (and yes, you read that correctly, WHEN the site gets rolling) I will do everything I can to make sure you are happy...be it cash, free video games, strippers, whatever

So email me if you're interested at my temp. address: [email protected]

or contact me via any of the following messengers:

AOL - Finshee
Yahoo - quakehater
ICQ - 11048722
MSN - [email protected]

Thanks a lot, and I look forward to working with many of you.
Old 05-07-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Whats the URL?

D
Old 05-07-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can be a reviewer or an opinion columnist. I own a GCN, a PS2, and a not-so-high-end pc. I'd like to think I'm objective and honest (I judge games on their own merit, not their association with Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc.). I don't know if I'm talented though
Old 05-07-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll be old time gamer dude or throw back review, or classic games you forgot, or something similar.
Old 05-07-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've got PHP/MySQL skillz but I'm not sure how much free time I'll have this summer (going to school and working). Sounds fun but I can't make promises this instant.
Old 05-08-02, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent you an e-mail...respond back
Old 05-08-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by kvrdave
I'll be old time... throw back...you forgot or something similar.
That's for sure.
Old 05-09-02, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Goblincat

That's for sure.
Coming from a guy who probably is even more of an old time gamer than myself.

You still need a coin box?
Old 05-09-02, 11:59 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can write some reviews and opinion pieces. Here's a link to the articles I had published in a local newspaper during a 6 month internship that just ended. They are just typical news articles, and not video game related. They do offer a good idea of my writing ability though, as it's much more difficult right about things like school board meetings, than something you love like video games.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/joshhinkle/dpclips.html

Ignore the links on the left of the page, as none other than the Resume one work. It's just a crappy page I made for Intro to Web Design and I haven't bothered putting the rest of it up.

Anyway, I have tons to time now as I finished up class last week, moved back home and graduate on the 19th. I'm waiting to hear back from financial aid places for grad school, if that pans out I probably won't do anything until Aug. If not, I'll be looking for a job and my free time could disapper.

BTW I own a Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 and Super NES (all of which are currently hooked up and in use).

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 05-09-02 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-09-02, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by kvrdave

Coming from a guy who probably is even more of an old time gamer than myself.

You still need a coin box?
Yeah... What game is the one you have from?
Old 05-13-02, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Same as the track ball (U.S. Classic).

I will look in the shed this week and see if I can't get it out.
Old 05-14-02, 09:13 AM

Hey

My email service was just shut off(greedy web-hosters) so I wont have email for a while. If you want to talk to me, please AOL IM me. My SN is :ManeeshSethi. Thanks

-Maneesh