Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone watch G4 TV

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Does anyone watch G4 TV

Old 05-01-02, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone watch G4 TV

I just got this new channel today on my cable. It's an all videogame channel. It's pretty new since they repeat the programs every 6 hours or so. From what I seen the channel is a decent idea, but they have virtually no great shows. They have a news show which is decent. They rerun a 70's/80's cheesy gameshow called Starcade. A show that shows nothing but cinema scenes from games and that was pretty much all I was about to see.

Does anyone know if they have better shows? From the cable guide it seems like they have a 4 block cycle of shows they just repeat over and over.
Old 05-01-02, 05:48 PM

I don't get the channel yet, but from what it says on their website I believe today is the first day this channel has aired any programming at all. They did a 7-day preview that was 24/7 Pong (yes, that's a solid week of Pong!). I'm sure they will be improving the programming lineup as time passes. Hopefully Los Angeles DirecTV will pick it up soon...
Old 05-01-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone remember a video game show back in the NES era called something like Video Power. They'd preview and give tips on new NES games and have a cartoon in the middle too with the The Power Team composed of different characters like Kuros from Wizards and Warriors and Quirk (sp?) (anyone remember that GB puzzler?), and someone from NARC. It actually wasn't that bad, I remember them showing a preview for Mega Man III and thought it was the coolest ever (back then it was!). It'd be cool if they showed that show. Or even Captain N or the Super Mario Bros. Super Show with Captain Lu, those were awesome! I don't get this channel though.
Old 05-02-02, 01:26 AM

If it's their first day then it would explain a lot. It reminds me a lot of like when E! and Comedy Central first launched. G4 doesn't have any commercials(which is cool), instead they show promos for the channel and a minute segment called "Screenshots" which show a game being played or a cinema scene. Not a bad beginning.

Just FYI about those classic cartoons. The cheesy Starcade gameshow is part of a bigger segment called "Flashback" or something like that. However, Starcade is the only show right now in the block it could only be a matter of time.
Old 05-02-02, 09:55 AM
Al

My nephew and I caught it wednesday and watched Pulse(game news) and cinematech(video game short movies).

Looks pretty good for early stuff but I hope they don't turn out like MTV and air stuff like the "Real World" which I must say has nothing to do with music.