Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What is with the people in online gaming? (swearing content))

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What is with the people in online gaming? (swearing content))

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-02, 02:17 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: What is with the people in online gaming? (swearing content))

Originally posted by jpolce

how are these terms racist?
I think he was referring to stuff like this "everyone has names like 'I_Hate_arabs'" from the first post in the thread.

I agree about the swearing though, it doesn't bother me. I mainly hate cheaters and people who quit when you're beating them. That and I think it sucks playing over the net, compared to playing with your buddies in the same room.
Old 04-30-02, 04:24 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What is with the people in online gaming? (swearing content))

Originally posted by joshhinkle

That and I think it sucks playing over the net, compared to playing with your buddies in the same room.
What about playing over the net with your buddies in the same room? That's really the great thing about online console gaming vs. PC online gaming.

I loved kicking some arse over the net in NFL2K1 with my roomates in college. We all played on the same team.

It would work exceptional well in any team based game, regardless of genre.

Last edited by Flay; 04-30-02 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-30-02, 04:40 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: What is with the people in online gaming? (swearing content))

Originally posted by Flay

What about playing over the net with your buddies in the same room? That's really the great thing about online console gaming vs. PC online gaming.

I loved kicking some arse over the net in NFL2K1 with my roomates in college. We all played on the same team.
I didn't really like playing NFL2K1 like that. I preferred playing with 3 buddies, playing 2 on 2. As opposed to getting friends together to all play on the same team and playing people over the net. The fun is being able to trash talk your friends while in the same room.

And that still doesn't eliminate the problem of cheaters and people that quit when losing, which was a major problem on NFL2K1.

Online gaming just doesn't float my boat. It also looks like a lot of it will be broadband only (i.e. SOCOM is broadband only, the X-box network will be broadband only) so I likely won't be able to play if there is something that comes out that catches my interest. I have no desire to pay $40 a month for internet. I don't download anything, and web pages load up pretty quick on my 56K connection that I'm not paying a cent for, so I have no reason to shell out the money.
Old 05-01-02, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you wanna play CS or TeamFort, the best serves are clan servers. We will only play those most of the time, unless we get bored and just feel like messing around with the public servers.

The best and maturest players are in the clan servers. No annoying people (for the most part), and the games are always competitive.

-Vik