Reload this Page >

New Flight Sim from LucasArts

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-17-02, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read that Lucasarts is coming out with a new flight sim next year.

LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC today announced the resumption of its relationship with Lawrence Holland and his company Totally Games to develop a World War II flight combat game for next generation consoles and PC. Previous associations between LucasArts and Totally Games produced the critically acclaimed and best selling X-wing and TIE fighter series of Star Wars® games, as well as Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain®. The latter two games will serve as inspiration for the upcoming World War II flight combat title.

The new game, expected to release in 2003, will immerse would-be fighter pilot aces into dynamic, edge- of-the-seat air-to-air and air-to-ground battle scenarios in a variety of combat theaters over Europe and other territories. The story-driven game will drop players into a secret, elite squad of pilots who undertake the most dangerous missions of World War II.
I remember playing Their Finest Hour back in the day and it was a lot of fun.
Old 04-19-02, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was a pretty fun game. I think I had something like 3 tours done, then my ass got toasted.
Old 04-19-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Battle of Britain and and SWOTL were sweet, as were the X-Wing/Tie Fighter series

hopefully lucas will get this next one right too (they've been slipping a little lately)