Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

does anyone have extra tickets for e3?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-17-02, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the first time my "company" got rejected. they wanted to see actual proof that the company existed, so I am looking for some tickets if anyone has any extras.

Matt
Old 04-17-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same here. anyone have an extra pass
Old 04-17-02, 10:30 PM
Mod Emeritus

Are they cracking down on "companies" attending this year?
Old 04-17-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they are making sure that the companies really exist. so you need to provide more info. that way E3 "temporary" companies no longer work.

this will reduce the number of people attending. I think a number of industry people complained about the huge number of nonindustry people attending the convention.
Old 04-17-02, 11:06 PM

They are being really strict but I can't say I blame them. I had to provide a lot stuff to prove my business.
Old 04-19-02, 04:10 PM

This year they needed two forms of "identification." I understand the need to reduce the number of non-industry people. I've been to E3 for the past two years, and it was filled with young teenagers, and it was very crowded. This year I didn't apply for a pass because I got lazy and I didn't want a shoving match anymore...and besides, no new console this year, that's why
Old 04-19-02, 08:27 PM

for me to get in, I had to submit my drivers licence, a business license for the website I work on, a review I did and an origional article I wrote. But all the work paid off, because now I have a press pass

Good luck on your search, but you may be a little late
Old 04-20-02, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by gcribbs
I think they are making sure that the companies really exist. so you need to provide more info. that way E3 "temporary" companies no longer work.

this will reduce the number of people attending. I think a number of industry people complained about the huge number of nonindustry people attending the convention.
non-industy people commonly known as Industry Brats For all the advertising they do in video game mags I have on idea why in the blue hell gamers arent allowed to go. It does suck on all ends.