Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Picked Up ASB 2003 for PS2 Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-02, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked Up ASB 2003 for PS2 Today

Overall, I'm liking the game alot. My one complaint is that it is very hard to hit but I'm gradually getting better at it. The graphics are pretty good even compared to the XBox version. The only difference I noticed is that the stadiums and enviornments have a bit more detail in the XBox version. Overall though the graphics are very very good. The controls, while seeming weird at first, work pretty well. The games are a bit on the slow side(taking up to an hour to play 9 innings) but I think this leads to more realistic gameplay. Lastly, the inclusion of a franchise mode and expansion mode is very very cool(Go Hartford Belugas ) If you're looking for a fun baseball game with lots of extras, this is the one to get. On a sidenote, can someone tell me how I have a pitcher start warming up in the bullpen? I clicked X and it didn't have him warmup it just put him right in the game. The instructions don't say anything about this.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 04-05-02 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-05-02, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Picked Up ASB 2003 for PS2 Today

Originally posted by dfbennett
On a sidenote, can someone tell me how I have a pitcher start warming up in the bullpen? I clicked X and it didn't have him warmup it just put him right in the game. The instructions don't say anything about this.
Once in the 'Manage Bullpen' menu screen you have to scroll in the relievers screen until you find the reliever you want to put in. Then you hit X (I think, I have the XBox version and I'm trying to remember the PS2 controls) once. Hitting X twice will immediately put the reliever into the game (which is what I did for a while too). After you hit X once, you have to then leave the relievers menu and highlight the Bullpen menu (in between the pitcher currently in the game and the relievers menu) and press X again. It's like you're dragging and dropping the reliever into the bullpen. It's much simpler than I made it sound, once you get used to it the whole process takes about a second to complete. Sorry if this was confusing.

On an aside to this question, does anyone know exactly what the color squares next to the pitcher warming up mean? They go from blue to orange to red based on how long he has been warming up but does orange mean that he is ready to go or not quite warmed up yet? Or does red mean he's been in there too long and orange means he's ready to go?