Reload this Page >

Question about Shenmue (DC)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-02-02, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard this game is pretty good and have been thinking about picking it up. I'm finding some good online prices for the game used, but I heard that there's both a Japanese and an English version out there. Is that true? Should I be concerned about unknowingly buying the Japanese version? Call me crazy, but I like to be able to understand what the characters are saying in the games I play.
Old 04-02-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yes there is a japanese version but you mainly just find it at import shops. the copies you see at amazon, etc... are all the us version.
Old 04-02-02, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by mljones99
yes there is a japanese version but you mainly just find it at import shops. the copies you see at amazon, etc... are all the us version.
Sweet. Thanks!
Old 04-02-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No to mention, unless your DC is modded, or you get the special boot disc, I don't think you can play the imported version ...
Old 04-03-02, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just ordered it for $8.99 from an Amazon shop seller. Can't wait to check it out.
Old 04-03-02, 04:31 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Boot
Just ordered it for $8.99 from an Amazon shop seller. Can't wait to check it out.
Let me be the first to warn you... Though it is sort of short, the period that you do play it will totally consume your life. This is one of the most creative, and overall fun games ever. Congrats on your upcoming experience...
Old 04-03-02, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by IIG

Let me be the first to warn you... Though it is sort of short, the period that you do play it will totally consume your life. This is one of the most creative, and overall fun games ever. Congrats on your upcoming experience...
My brother said the same thing when I got it for him this Christmas(at 19.99 it was a steal). He said he played it for 4 hours the night he got it. He's got an XBox in addition to his Dreamcast so I think he'll probably pickup Shen Mue 2 when it comes out and have his life consumed more
Old 04-03-02, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by IIG

*brimming in anticipation*

Frickin slow post office!

Oh wait, I just ordered it today.