Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Sony talks about PS3 and PS6&7

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by joshd2012

See, I was confused. I thought that when IC_Freeze said that someone should start a class action lawsuit against Sony, that they had falsely advertised something. Now that it turns out it was just hype, I am even more confused as to why someone would think about they could file a lawsuit against Sony for that. Realistically, what Sony said was true. The PS2 won't beable to be match until their copyright rights run out. Matching being the key word meaning duplicate (GC and X-Box surpassed). It is true that the gov't was worried about foreign countries getting their hands on this technology, as they are about any computer technology out there now.

The only reason I pursued this topic was because I thought Sony was in the wrong and I had not heard about this. Turns out there are just some bitter people out there.
What Sony did was make the people and fans believe that the PS2 was something that is wasn't. It is marketing. Some people claim it's unfair, others see it as natural. Either way you choose to look at it, the PS2 is def. not the powerhouse Sony sold to the public. Let's just hope people keep this in mind once they start spinning the PS3. (Which is already happening, thus this thread.)
Old 03-26-02, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by WOWZY

Now if there was a so called 110Ghz chip in development, wouldn't you think that IBM and others would drop Intel like a bad habit?
It's not only in development, it's actually been developed by IBM. Trick is, it doesn't DO anything except run at 100 GHZ. We're not talking about a processor executing x86 instructions. We're talking about a transistor specialized in one specific function; in this case, telecommunications applications.

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/news/2001/0625_fasttran.html

http://news.com.com/2009-1033-269033.html?legacy=cnet
Old 03-26-02, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the links. That's just amazing.
Old 03-26-02, 04:20 PM

Yeah but "The Jetsons" predicted space cars by 2000, that still isn't available (as far as I know ). So don't count on much in the electronics department, it change so fast, we don't know what 3 years will bring.
Old 03-26-02, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still waiting for the PS9, from that year or so old commercial.
Old 03-27-02, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by TeeSeeJay

It's not only in development, it's actually been developed by IBM. Trick is, it doesn't DO anything except run at 100 GHZ. We're not talking about a processor executing x86 instructions. We're talking about a transistor specialized in one specific function; in this case, telecommunications applications.
You're exactly right, but we are talking about High power computer and gaming machines here, not a cell phone.

Let's compare apples to apples please.