Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tokyo -- Tony Hawk 3 -- XBOX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tokyo -- Tony Hawk 3 -- XBOX

Well I finally got a medal on the Pirate ship competition. Now if only someone can give me some advice on Tokyo. Anyone find a good way to score some major points? I was able to grind the blimp once, but I have been unable to get back up there...

anyone??? bueller??

thanks,
Jordan
Old 03-21-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, make sure you have every stat point you can get up to this point.
Then, open the pirate ship area by grinding the pirate flag near that Neversoft blimp.
Start, turn around and to a invert lip trick and hold it as long as you can (should be around 3-4 thousand points), then land in a revert, manual and grind over to the outside (you should have 25K - 60K at this point).
Then, head over to the ship and in the rear, there is a deep pool. I just lip trick or special trick and grind around (flip and grind along the way) until I'm about to fall and repeat. Should get gold easy that way.

Doug
Old 03-21-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Doug Schiller
First, make sure you have every stat point you can get up to this point.
Then, open the pirate ship area by grinding the pirate flag near that Neversoft blimp.
Start, turn around and to a invert lip trick and hold it as long as you can (should be around 3-4 thousand points), then land in a revert, manual and grind over to the outside (you should have 25K - 60K at this point).
Then, head over to the ship and in the rear, there is a deep pool. I just lip trick or special trick and grind around (flip and grind along the way) until I'm about to fall and repeat. Should get gold easy that way.

Doug
That would help if he were asking for help on the second competition...

On Tokyo, just grind the outer edges, manualing when you fall. Once you get the hang of it, it's REALLY easy to get 99.9.
Old 03-21-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I must grind the wrong way or something. If I hold out too long I always end up bailing and busting my head.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 03-21-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I'm having issues the doing a revert. Could you better define what a revert is and How to do it. I currently can get about three tricks in a row, and get a combo score, but if I try a fourth I always end up bailing out. Could I get some advice please!
Old 03-21-02, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oops, I should have read more carefully. I saw pirate ship and blimp and jumped to conclusions.

Here is my method in Tokyo but it takes a few tries...

I start out straight, ollie off of the ramp onto the overhead walkway, grind the rails (flip and grind multiple), then I ride the rail down to the other end of the park (with pink neon). Then I just do special airs, revert, manual up to the neon ledges and grind around.

For help in revert, go to the tutorial. You have to tap R2 as soon as you land, it takes some practice.

Doug
Old 03-22-02, 06:00 AM

Originally posted by golucky
I'm having issues the doing a revert. Could you better define what a revert is and How to do it. I currently can get about three tricks in a row, and get a combo score, but if I try a fourth I always end up bailing out. Could I get some advice please!
i think a revert is basically a switch (from right foot forward to left foot forward, or vice-versa). for a revert, use the right trigger when you land after catching big air. go to www.planettonyhawk.com it's got everything you need to know.
Old 03-22-02, 08:41 AM

The easiest way to get gold on Tokyo is go to the center of the level, ride up one of the four ramps that lead to the elevated balcony type thing. Hop on the inside rail and trick the hell out of while grinding (make sure it is the inside, or you will end up going down the rail for one of the ramps). Do lots of specials and when you are about to bail, jump off. Hop back on again after you rack up a shitload of points and repeat.

-Dean-
Old 03-22-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks guys!

and nice sig Dean D.

For the record I still have not gotten more than a 57 from the judges. I got 75,000 points to get that. So I guess I need to get up over 100,000 points. We shall see.