Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy X Frustration - Some slight spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-02, 09:11 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Final Fantasy X Frustration - Some slight spoilers

So, I get the airship and am starting on the side quests to get the hidden aeons.

Only to discover that I cannot gain the Anima aeon because I seem to be missing one of the six required items. I am 99.9% positive that it was the hidden item in the Bevelle cloister of trials. I got so fed up with the sliding platforms that I didn't even try to get the hidden item. Little did I know that I would need it.

It was so disheartening to see only 5 of the 6 statues light up in the underwater cloister where the Anima aeon was.

Grrrr... so... I have 2 choices. I can either continue the game without all the aeons(Anima and the 3 sisters, since you need all the aeons, including Anima to gain the 3 sisters), or start over.

*sigh*

Unless there is a way that I can still get Anima.

Anyone have any clues?

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 03-18-02 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-16-02, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) You don't need all the Aeons. I'll admit Anima looks cool, but there's no rel reason to get it.

2) The game starts to get really boring towards the end so I suggest you reduce your boredom by skipping this.
Old 03-17-02, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should use spoiler tags in addition to the title, just in case. But don't worry, because:
Spoiler:

Since you needed the destruction sphere to even COMPLETE Bevelle temple, you're in the clear. That statue is always lit up. You've missed another one of the temples.

The statues correspond to:
- Top left: Besaid
- Middle left: Macalania
- Bottom left: Zanarkand
- Top right: Bevelle
- Middle right: Djose
- Bottom right: Kilika
(statue list taken from GameFaqs.com, "Aeon In-Depth FAQ" by Paul Friedman)

FFX does a spectacular job of making sure you can't ever "miss" anything. In fact, I believe there is a grand total of ONE thing you can screw up if you don't act early on:
Spoiler:

If you play Blitzball before your first time in the Airship, you probably won't be able to hire Brother (other teams beat you to it), so you miss out on the most obscenely fast player in the entire game. Not that it makes Blitzaball difficult, as the AI is crap, but this kind of stuff bothers an FF perfectionist.

Myself, I've enjoyed the endgame immensely. I'm at well over 80 hours playtime. Although, truth be told, I really could have done without...
Spoiler:

...having to do the temple puzzles again for the items they had. I mean, at least move the spheres around or something!
Old 03-17-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Even if you missed the treasure chest in Bevelle (like most people) you can still get Anima. I also missed that one but was able to get Anima, here's how:

What you have to do is when you get the airship and you can use the map, you have to go back to the place where you fought Yunalesca and do the puzzles where you step on the Tetris-like shapes again. I can't remember if you get an item for doing it but if you complete that, the last statue will light up and you will gain entrance to Anima.

Anima is a truly wicked summon, he's the strongest in the game so if you have trouble at later bosses you'll want come back to pick him up. Its also worth getting him because the story parts when you get him are quite touching and relate to the main story as well, so if you don't want to miss any parts of the story you ought to go back and get him .

As for time, I think I clocked in around 70 hours on mine before I got to the end doing all the sidequests, great game!!

Edit: Just to clarify, even if you completed that puzzle the first time you went to Yunalesca, you need to return and do it again

Last edited by Outlaw; 03-17-02 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-17-02, 04:51 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks MWoody.. You made my day.

I used the statue guide you posted. Seems I missed the one in Kilaka. So, I went back there and did the trial again, got the chest and picked up Anima.

Now, I'm working on getting the Magus sisters. I have both parts needed.

Thanks again.
Old 03-18-02, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good grief, those last 2 aeons kick some major butt. Almost made the end of the game too easy.
Old 03-18-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, a coupla hours in the omega dungeon and Anima can easily deal 99,999 with a physical attack. It actually sort of sucks, because then there's no reason to ever do her cool overdrive.

Note that the power of all the Aeons is not just based on whether you've leveled them individually; their abilities are a reflection of Yuna's stats.

Of course, if you want a challenge, there's always the capture guy. I don't care what "level" you are; a monster with 2.5 million hit points doesn't go down easy.