Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

mystery game on ign

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mystery game on ign

i got an email from ign about a contest guessing what the game in the video is. anyone have any ideas? screw the contest its drivin me nuts trying to figure out what game it is
http://cube.ign.com/articles/354/354742p1.html
Old 03-06-02, 11:33 AM

Surprisingly, they did a poor job of making the link to the video. All it takes is a look at the filename...
Old 03-06-02, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Maquis
Surprisingly, they did a poor job of making the link to the video. All it takes is a look at the filename...
you my friend, are a genius. however, I don't think thats the name of a game. I never heard of it. but it brings me closer in quest...
ty

Last edited by squidget; 03-06-02 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-06-02, 11:55 AM

found the answer
Spoiler:
name of the game is hoodlums world

thanks for the tip Maquis, ill send u the gcn if I win

Last edited by squidget; 03-06-02 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-06-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Your answer is... Incorrect!

You're close, but incorrect, im sorry
Old 03-06-02, 12:13 PM

Oh wait, contest is not open to Canadian residents... lol, here is the real answer :

Ubi Soft Announces Sequel to Best-Selling Rayman Cartoon Fantasy Series

Brace Yourselves! Rayman Enters Hoodlum Havoc

Cassie Vogel
Ubi Soft Entertainment
[email protected]

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - March 6, 2002 - Ubi Soft® Entertainment, one of the largest video game publishers in the world, today announced plans to release Rayman® 3 Hoodlum Havoc in the U.S. and Europe this fall with availability on all next generation consoles and PC.

With more than 10 million copies sold, Rayman is one of Ubi Soft's most popular brands. Created by Ubi Soft Game Creator Michel Ancel when he was only 19, the character with no arms and no legs has been a true crossover game, attracting both younger and older fans. The Rayman series of games has been consistently recognized for its quality: Rayman® 2 The Great Escape - was voted best Sega Dreamcast(tm) game in 2000 by IGN.com, the largest internet gaming web site in the U.S., and best platform game (PlayStation) by ebworld.com. Rayman Advance was voted best platform game and best graphics on a portable console by IGN.com at the 2001 E3 trade show.

"Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc presents the leap forward the current generation of gamers has been anticipating," said Christine Burgess-Quemard, Managing Director of International Production, Ubi Soft Entertainment. "With groundbreaking technology and a brilliant story, this title fully reflects Ubi Soft's dedication to creating cutting-edge entertainment."

With the new innovative tactical arcade battle system, Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc's game play offers a fresh and exhilarating experience to the action-adventure genre. Rayman explores never before seen regions inhabited by off-the-wall creatures. Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc is not only an epic quest, but also a whimsical comedy unveiling a rich tale of cartoon fantasy adventure.

"Since Rayman's inception in 1995, I have been involved with the development of the Rayman games, and the team has already taken the franchise to new heights," said Michel Ancel, Game Creator, Ubi Soft Entertainment. "The extravagant imagination that has gone into the design of Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc will not only appeal to our existing fan base, but also attract a whole new group of players to the genre."
Old 03-06-02, 12:50 PM

doh!

Originally posted by Feneant
Your answer is... Incorrect!

You're close, but incorrect, im sorry
damn i found info here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2916.html

oh well..
Old 03-06-02, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Feneant
Oh wait, contest is not open to Canadian residents... lol, here is the real answer :

Ubi Soft Announces Sequel to Best-Selling Rayman Cartoon Fantasy Series

Brace Yourselves! Rayman Enters Hoodlum Havoc
Thanks.
Old 03-06-02, 01:52 PM

Re: doh!

Originally posted by squidget

damn i found info here:
http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2916.html

oh well..
Well, I might be wrong too, hehe, but when I read that article for Rayman, it seemed like the exact same thing as in that little movie.
Old 03-06-02, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it is rayman

If you go to the website listed in the article at gamesradar.com you will get a flash intro that concludes with a wanted poster for Rayman.