Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Happy dance for joy! (Zelda related)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-02, 07:10 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White Knight, if you've been a Nintendo fan for so long, you should no better than to think those pictures are recent. Just because they were just released doesn't mean they were taken recently. Nintendo, and Miyamoto in particular, are notorious for releasing early shots of games, when the game is actually far along. Why are they going to release mind blowing screen shots a couple months before E3? They just put out some older shots (plus if you read the small print on some of the sites running these photos, they were scanned in from a magazine, which makes them even blurrier). This way they keep the hype for the game up and will blow people away with the playable version at E3 that will be much more polished and further along. They've done this many times in the past.
Old 02-24-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

joshhinkle, I totally agree with ya. I do know that they unload the big guns for E3. Also I was ill informed that those pictures were old. To my understanding they were recent.
Old 02-24-02, 11:18 PM
Retired

Originally posted by White Knight
joshhinkle, I totally agree with ya. I do know that they unload the big guns for E3. Also I was ill informed that those pictures were old. To my understanding they were recent.
They were recently released, but I'm willing to bet they are from an earlier version of the game, rather than a representation of where the game's currently at. But we won't know this for sure until E3. If the shots and movies look a ton better than that shot, then we'll know it was old as they only have a couple monts to work on the game before then. I've seen this happen with a lot of their big games. Some lackluster screens come out, and then at E3 or TGS the game blows people away.
Old 03-11-02, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 969 Likes on 676 Posts
It's funny how this thread has proven a theory that I have had about forums: A little information can be a dangerous thing. IMO it has only been a recent thing, with the advent of the internet and newsgroups, that people who have been ill informed have passed poor judgement on things yet to be released ie games, movies, digital cameras, cars etc. We used to only get our information when the company releasing the product wanted us to see it through magazines and such. And back in the dark ages of the early 80's we wouldn't know about something until it was already released. In effect through our ignorance we make an opinion based upon a few "pirated" pictures, some early specs, a cast list or a video if we are lucky, and form such a strong opinion as to blind us with biasedness when the said product is finally released giving it no chance to prove itself. I would kind of hate it if I had to do a report on Drosophila and my professor graded my notes that he downloaded from a newsroom two months before the due date. Just give things a chance and please base your posts on something more concrete or your own speculation and leave the venting to your punching bag.