Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when Grandia X will be out/what system??

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-02, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished Grandia II----------A greater game I have never played. Such great amounts of emotion. Grandia II draws you totally into its' world and keeps you long after you finished the game.
With that said, I can't wait for the next one to be out. Any news out there?
Old 02-18-02, 11:46 AM

Depends on what you mean by "any news"? I mean, do you know it exists? Have you seen screens/movies? Check out thegia.com for a good preview, plus impressions (it just came out in japan). It's for PlayStation 2 and I don't believe a US release has been announced yet. (But it's just a matter of time.)
Old 02-18-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't you mean Grandia

[echo]

XTREME

[/echo]

?
Old 02-18-02, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Grandia Xtreme looks pretty good, I enjoyed Grandia II as well (got it for $11! ).

thegia.com says it plays like a dungeon hack type of game instead of an adventure like the previous games. They also said the focus was more on action than narrative, hence the title I'm guessing....XTREME!! The battle movies they have look pretty sweet though, I'll probably get this when it comes out.
Old 02-18-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you do mean Grandia Xtreme, be warned. It does not play like the previous 2 games. It's a dungeon crawler game like Diablo. You should read up on it before you buy it, you may not like it.
Old 02-18-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Outlaw
Grandia Xtreme looks pretty good, I enjoyed Grandia II as well (got it for $11! ).
uhm, i would like to get it for $11 too! share the info please...
Old 02-18-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by ellone
If you do mean Grandia Xtreme, be warned. It does not play like the previous 2 games. It's a dungeon crawler game like Diablo. You should read up on it before you buy it, you may not like it.
Hmm, thanks for the additional info ellone, I wasn't quite sure what a dungeon crawler was. I usually rent games before I spend $50 and I'll do the same for this, but I wasn't exactly sure what they meant by dungeon hack . Now I know.

Originally posted by young
uhm, i would like to get it for $11 too! share the info please...
I got the DC version on eBay by someone called returnbuy, and it was essentially that, a returned product (to Best Buy I think) with no major defects except a cracked jewel case. He was selling mass amounts over the summer with prices from range of $10 to $19. Right now it looks like they still have a bunch going. When I got the game sure enough the CD case was cracked and some weird adhesive tape thingy was on the case (they have some sort of rating on how good the packaging is, etc. make sure you read it carefully and try to get the highest number of stars, I didn't mind a cracked case) but the game CD was perfect and also the bonus audio CD, which were the 2 things I wanted. Try searching for "Grandia II" and "Grandia 2" on eBay, the DC version seems to be going for around $15 to $19. If all you want is the game (like I did) then thats the way to go. Hope this info helps.
Old 02-18-02, 10:17 PM

I also see it at Toys R Us for $19.99 new (that's where I got mine). If it's sold out, get a price match and find it at some other B&M. I'm just finishing it right now and I really enjoyed it.
Old 02-19-02, 10:18 AM

By Dungeon oriented, do they mean like in Evolution: The World of Sacred Device where you spent most of the game trolling around in a dungeon?? It sounds kinda lame compared to Grandia II-----I just hope the storyline and character development stays strong like it was in Grandia II.
Old 02-19-02, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chaos
By Dungeon oriented, do they mean like in Evolution: The World of Sacred Device where you spent most of the game trolling around in a dungeon??
Yep, that's the type of gameplay the game has.
Old 02-19-02, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by ellone

Yep, that's the type of gameplay the game has.

Damn. Evolution was kinda good, but one of the best parts I love about an RPG is walking into a new town and buying all the hottest new weapons and talking to new people I've never seen before, which is gonna be eliminated in this game. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel??
Old 02-21-02, 10:16 AM

On a a similiar note, when does SoA and SoA2 for GCN come out???
Old 02-21-02, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Chaos
On a a similiar note, when does SoA and SoA2 for GCN come out???
Well, SoA was just confirmed for a PS2 release (along with some other game for Xbox at the same time). Nothing about a ("the") GCN port was announced. Nothing about a sequel, either.

TheGia.com link.

Last edited by Mattalos; 02-21-02 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-22-02, 08:13 AM

I've only heard about SoA 2, but not much if anything about a port of the original.