Reload this Page >

SNES Technical Support

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SNES Technical Support

Old 02-07-02, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SNES Technical Support

I won a new style SNES off eBay and have proceeded to buy up all the games I sold years ago. I got the unit yesterday, but it's acting strangely; it's often the case that after powering the unit up, I have press reset in order to load the game. But a single reset always works.

I'm hesitant to return it since I got a pretty good deal, so I was wondering if anyone else has had a similiar problem. Is it fixable? If not, is it a sign of things to come?
Old 02-08-02, 03:10 AM

I might suggest cleaning the games (don't blow) with a wd40 type of thing. I assume you're getting used.......likely from Funcoland : 0

of couse make sure eveyrthing's securely connected

When you say new-style, does that mean a NEW new-style (unused) or just a used new-style. I'd ask the buyer if they knew about any trouble with the SNES and for suggestions.
Old 02-10-02, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RudeBoie
I might suggest cleaning the games (don't blow) with a wd40 type of thing. I assume you're getting used.......likely from Funcoland : 0

of couse make sure eveyrthing's securely connected

When you say new-style, does that mean a NEW new-style (unused) or just a used new-style. I'd ask the buyer if they knew about any trouble with the SNES and for suggestions.
I cleaned a couple of them, but like I said this problem has a very regular pattern: I turn on the machine and nothing comes up. I hit reset, and everything is fine. It definitely sounds like an issue with the system. And it's a used new-style SNES.

Does anyone else have any ideas?