Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

NBA Street for Xbox? Please?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-06-02, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know if NBA Street might come out for the Xbox? Cause that would be pretty damn sweet.

-Maneesh
Old 02-06-02, 10:31 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

No NBA Street. But Activision is making Street Hoops for the XBox and PS2. Here is a description:

Activision has announced that it plans to release a street basketball game aptly titled Street Hoops for the Sony PlayStation 2 and the Microsoft Xbox. It is being developed by Black Ops Entertainment, which worked on such sports series as Knockout Kings and March Madness. The courts are based in real-world parks in 10 US cities. Adding to the authenticity, Activision plans to include a variety of street-ball players, who were featured in the legendary And 1 Mix Tapes and in Nike's "freestyle" commercial series.

"Street Hoops will be the most authentic street basketball game ever released," said Larry Goldberg, executive vice president of Activision Worldwide Studios. "The game returns basketball to its roots, when being the best meant you ruled as king of the playground court. Street Hoops will not only focus on the action and showboating of street basketball, but will also include the popular culture and lifestyle that surrounds it."

The primary modes of play in the game are world tournament, king of the court, multiplayer versus mode, and half-court. Players will be able to bet on games and earn money to buy licensed urban gear such as Sean John, Ecko Unlimited, Southpole, and Pure Playaz. A hip-hop soundtrack will be included to further accentuate the urban style of the game.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...809927,00.html
Old 02-07-02, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Flay
No NBA Street. But Activision is making Street Hoops for the XBox and PS2. Here is a description:

Activision has announced that it plans to release a street basketball game aptly titled Street Hoops for the Sony PlayStation 2 and the Microsoft Xbox. It is being developed by Black Ops Entertainment, which worked on such sports series as Knockout Kings and March Madness.

Could be good, but Black Ops is no Big EA, although EA corporate could stand to rein in the Big team's weird Canadian pride thing.
Old 02-07-02, 12:59 AM
Retired

Wow, that's news to me. I though it was coming out for the X-box on 3/26 with the GCN port. I wonder why EA didn't isn't porting it to the X-box as well. That seems pretty silly to me, when most of their other sports games will be on all three consoles.