Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What happened to Rez?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-02, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to Rez?

Does anyone have an actual info on what is up with Sega's REZ for PS2? This game is a blast, but when a few co-workers went to get it a few weeks ago when it first came out Babbages told them Sega had recalled it. Now I have seen stories it was discontinued and looking at all the online stores shows nobody has it anymore, not even listed as an item. Except for Amazon.com that lists it as no longer available.
Old 01-31-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Interesting. I was in Circuit City last week and it was definately there at that time.

Edit: A quick search at www.gamestop.com and www.ebgames.com shows that it is no longer listed. www.gamespot.com also didn't have any news concerning it. It is still available through sellers on www.eBay.com and www.half.com however.

Last edited by mtucker; 01-31-02 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-31-02, 03:27 PM

Dvdempire is the only place that I could find it, mine was shipped today.
Old 01-31-02, 03:49 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Rez has not been discontinued. Here is the story at PSX Nation:

http://www.psxnation.com/news/newsstory?idnumber=001003
Old 01-31-02, 03:53 PM

Wait a minute. That doesn't answer any questions... If it's not discontinued, then why is it not listed as available from Amazon.com and not even listed on Gamestop or EBgames (when it used to be). Sounds like maybe stores decided it wasn't selling and are not ordering any copies..... Thanks for the link, but what that guys says is a giant non-answer.

--Craig

>Rez has not been discontinued. While this title shipped in modest quantities compared to blockbuster titles such as NBA 2K2 and Virtua Fighter 4, Sega stands ready to fill the demand from retailers for any of our products.

Because Rez provides a very unique blend of music and shooting, we expect this title appeals to a more niche audience than other mass-market genres. However, true to Sega's tradition of always bringing out cutting-edge entertainment, games like Rez will continue to be part of the great Sega product lineup." - Mike Fischer, VP of Entertainment Marketing, Sega of America >