Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone hree subscribe to Nintendo Power?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-29-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if so, is it worth it?

What kind of stuff is in each issue? Is it just tips and codes and stuff?
Old 01-29-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
My nephew gets it but it arrives at my house. Don't ask me why his parents did that, but it's all good for me!

I wouldn't pay for it though. You can find all the information there on the internet, but it just looks nice in the magazine. I haven't found anything there that I couldn't find on the internet. That is, unless, you enjoy their color poster inserts.

Neitzl
Old 01-29-02, 10:55 AM

I like the partial strategy guides that they have for each game. Sometimes when you're stuck you can pull out an old issue of NP.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone but hardcore Nintendo fans like myself. It's really the only all-Nintendo magazine out there. Sometimes they have neat features, like a look at DigiPen. I also like the Power Supplies Catalog so I can get T-shirts and such.
Old 01-29-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I still have the Nintendo Power with Mike Tyson's Punchout on it. Ah, those were the days.
Old 01-29-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone remember the good old days when Nintendo Power would give out free stuff for renewing your subscription? I think I got Dragon Warrior that way.
Old 01-29-02, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I keep getting it in the mail for free. I finally figured out a long time ago for my birthday a friend of mine gave me a 5 year subscription =). Don't know when it runs out, but until it does it comes without fail every month

Its pretty cool, I probably wouldn't pay for it, but the coupons in it are nice. This month has a $5 off any Nintendo game or system $19.99 up. Nice for GBA games. Like everyone else said, you can get the info pretty much anywhere on the Internet but they do have some interesting articles and I like the Strategy guides in the magazine, some are really helpful with the pictures. There's also fun word games and trying to guess how they took certain pictures of weird situations in games, I actually thought those were pretty fun because I knew a lot of them (some date way back to the classic NES era).
Old 02-09-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 953 Likes on 661 Posts
remember that one really big advantage is that when you subscribe and renew you can get a free strategy guide which is worth $15 in and of itself. so to me I think it is worth it. but I have been a regular subscriber for quite sometime. It used to be that they would give you power stamps ever quarter to spend in their store but they did away with that.