Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

2k1's vs 2k2's (DC)?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-02, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1's vs 2k2's (DC)?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should upgrade from the 2k1's to the 2k2's (Dreamcast). I know they've added twice as many players in Tennis 2k2 but are NFL and NBA significantly different? I'm really happy with the 2k1's but I also don't want to miss out on anything great.
Old 01-18-02, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would say yes to NFL 2k2 and no to NBA 2k2.

NFL is great, and they got rid of the "run around the outside for 20 yards" bug that my friends and i found in 2k1.

NBA, on the other hand, i think is worse. when you try and run the fast break, your players actually stop to catch the ball. i hear they corrected this problem in the PS2 version, but i haven't played that one.
Old 01-18-02, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i couldnt agree more with you huh?...i LOVED nfl2k2 but nba2ka2 was definately...i am basketball fanatic and couldnt stand the new version.
Old 01-18-02, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by huh?
[B]i would say yes to NFL 2k2 and no to NBA 2k2.[B]

I also completely agree, I absolutely love NFL 2K2. The QB reacts so much more realistically then before. Also the catching in the game, from what I've seen, has been vastly improved. Once I had created a great team in franchise mode (I had Isaac Bruce and Randy Moss on the same team). Anyways I throw a bad pass, it deflected off Bruce’s hands, and Moss ran fast and caught it! I couldn't believe this! I had never seen a game so real .

Last edited by Thrillhouse; 01-18-02 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-18-02, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great question. I'm also interested in others' responses because I've been holding out for NBA 2K2 rather than buy NBA 2K1, which as you know is a hell of a lot cheaper.
Old 01-18-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As you've already said, Sega Tennis 2k2 is absolutely outstanding when compared to the original (a very good game too).. Some computer AI issues but basically perfect otherwise. Haven't played the NBA or NFL series though..

Chris