Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 problem. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-02, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS2 problem. Please help.

During the holidays, one of my friend from another state bought me a new ps2 system. After using it for a few days, the system crash on me. It wouldn't load any games or dvds and it keep making this weird sound. My question is: where should I go to exchange it? I don't have the receipt for it and have no ideal where my friend got it from. Any suggestions?
Old 01-05-02, 09:29 AM

Well, if you're sure the system is new (give or take a few days of use) and you haven't opened it and voided your warranty, you can probably call customer support at Sony. I'm not sure if there's a warranty card in the box you have to fill out; if so, then do that first.

Of course the easiest solution is to pack the thing back up and return it to the store where your friend got it - tell him or her your problem and hope he or she offers to give you the receipt (or even help to exchange it). How far away does your friend live?
Old 01-05-02, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
They scan in the barcodes with the serial numbers when you buy them so hopefully Sony will know the console is under warranty.
Old 01-05-02, 05:35 PM

If you have the box and all the documentation most places will probably take it back if you just want to do an exchange for a new one if they carry them.

That's been my experience in the past.

-Naan