Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The next golden eye or perfect dark.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-01, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next golden eye or perfect dark.

Is the new james bond game like the original golden eye. If not when will that company make there next game. What will it be called. Is it going to be sequal to one of the two games above. Which system will get the game.

Last edited by csim; 12-30-01 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-31-01, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rare made both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. The latest Bond game (out on PS2 and due out on Nintendo) is made by Electronic Arts.

Rare has plans to release Perfect Dark Zero sometime next year, but if the rumors are true won't be another Goldeneye clone, but something along the lines of Metal Gear Solid. When will we see another game with Goldeneye Calibre? I don't know. Unless Perfect Dark Zero sticks to its roots, probably not soon.
Old 12-31-01, 02:35 AM
Mod Emeritus

Can someone tell me what PD is so great? I never played it. Thanks.
Old 12-31-01, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Can someone tell me what PD is so great? I never played it. Thanks.
Its a more in depth (to a degree) Golden Eye for the N64. Very good game. Multiplayer it lots of fun
Old 12-31-01, 11:14 AM
Retired

Originally posted by olie029

Its a more in depth (to a degree) Golden Eye for the N64. Very good game. Multiplayer it lots of fun

Goldeneye was the best console FPS ever, and Perfect Dark is ten times better than it. It uses the controller perfectly, as did Goldeneye, which is good for people like me that hate playing games on a PC and won't play a game with the keyboard and mouse if my life depended on it.

The graphics are improved, the story is better, the enemies are more varied, lots of aliens instead of just humans. The objectives are more interesting.

Multiplayer has a ton more options, including computer "bots" that you can fight with/against. Plus you can play the normal missions with a partner in the co-op mode.

PD is simply the best console FPS I've played. I haven't gotten to play Halo, but I haven't heard much about it's multiplayer mode other than co-op.

As great as it is, I'm actually excited about the rumors that PD Zero might be a third person game, ala Metal Gear Solid, rather than an FPS. I love MGS type games and I'm only a very casual FPS fan. Goldeneye, PD, and Medal of Honor are the only FPS I've played and liked.
Old 12-31-01, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked Goldeneye more than Perfect Dark. I hated the new "alien" weapons in PD and thought that they distracted from the realism that Goldeneye brought to the genre. The aliens were lame too, although well done. If I wanted to shoot aliens then I would play doom or quake. I hope the next PD is more "down to Earth."

I'm dissapointed that PD Zero may be a 3rd person. PD was built on the Goldeneye engine- built to be a great FPS on the heals of Goldeneye success. Moving it to 3rd person takes it away from its roots and away from what the fans expect a perfect dark game to be. It's more along the lines of Nintendo making the next Mario a FPS. It may well end up being a wonderful game, but that's not what I want from Mario or Perfect Dark. If Rare wants to create a Metal Gear Solid-type game, why don't that start a new franchise o that and release the PDZ that we are expecting.
Old 12-31-01, 11:31 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by mmconhea
I liked Goldeneye more than Perfect Dark. I hated the new "alien" weapons in PD and thought that they distracted from the realism that Goldeneye brought to the genre. The aliens were lame too, although well done. If I wanted to shoot aliens then I would play doom or quake. I hope the next PD is more "down to Earth."
Exactly. I'm playing this new 007 game for PS2 and it STILL isn't better than Goldeneye. I'd much rather shoot up a bunker than a space station.
Old 12-31-01, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mmconhea
It's more along the lines of Nintendo making the next Mario a FPS.
Like they're doing with the new Metroid? Although to be fair, you can choose first or third person perspectives. Imagine a FPS Mario, that would be trippy
My friends love playing Goldeneye on the N64 but I suck at it. The controls are too weird and all of them play with inverted view on and I can't play that way at all(unless I'm playing a flight sim of course). Having said that, I have no problems playing FPS games on my PS2 with a dual shock or on my mac with a keyboard and mouse. Anyhow, I heard Perfect Dark is on sale for 6.99 at Target this week. I'll have to have my friends pick it up.