Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Madden 2002 is kicking my butt!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madden 2002 is kicking my butt!

I have always enjoyed & done well with the Madden football games, until this year's.

I got a Gamecube for my son & I for Christmas along with Madden & Star Wars. The gameplay is smooth, the graphics are incredible but Madden 2002 is kickin' my butt when I play the computer. I played a season as the Titans (not a bad team in Madden, unlike real life this year) and I was 4 & 12. I have always been able to have a winning season soon after buying the game.

Have they upped the difficulty, is the AI smarter, have I lost my touch?

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 12-28-01, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What level are you playing on for difficulty? If the GC iteration is anything like the PS2 one, you should be able to go into the AI slider bars in the options menu and change some of the attributes to suit your needs.

If you're playing in the top difficulty, it is very difficult to win and it should feel like a great accomplishment if you happen to win.
Old 12-29-01, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
I think we're just spoiled always beating the computer 63-0... This year's installment is much more realistic IMO. So far I am 5-5 (playing random games). Some have been close, some haven't (both ways). Today I played as the Rams against the Colts (a good matchup last year) and lost 31-28. I was mad, but now that I think of it, I'm glad the game offers a challenge. It just seems like passing is a lot tougher, but running actually seems easier. I don't know, I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm bad at defending the pass, I give up a lot of big plays. Oh well, good luck.

Old 12-29-01, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The AI is awesome in 2002......I did not have problems with it as I am what I would call an experienced Madden football player but there were many tight football games. One where I scored 21 points in the final minutes of the game to pull out a victory. Very good game....looking forward to next year's edition.
Old 12-29-01, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah it really depends on the setting.

On Rookie, I have no problem beating computer by 50 points, but as soon as I turn on pro, I still win the majority, but they are close games like 21-17 games or 21-14 games.